corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer Thread

New Poll
  <<  92    93    94    95    96    97    98  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfer Thread
Cavey

User status: Offline
16th Aug 13 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because Liverpool do so well when "spunking some cash" you should be happy they're using some sense and only getting them on loan.

This is Cissokho who used to be at Lyon? Good wing back, will be good to see him here if he does move
AlexSXI

16th Aug 13 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
They said earlier they have released 17 players, bought 1 in, who's already injured, for a change at Arsenal.
30+ players have left the club this Summer, including youngsters. Consequently our U21 team have been spanke din all of their pre-seaosn games, and they include a few of the players whol will be on the bench tomorrow :/

ColU U21's 5-1 Arsenal U21's on Tuesday!

Robbo

16th Aug 13 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
Edit - Just realised how much I sounded like an Arsenal fan when using the words "looks a done deal"

[Edited on 16-08-2013 by chrisritch]
Robbo

16th Aug 13 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlexSXI
quote:
quote:
They said earlier they have released 17 players, bought 1 in, who's already injured, for a change at Arsenal.
30+ players have left the club this Summer, including youngsters. Consequently our U21 team have been spanke din all of their pre-seaosn games, and they include a few of the players whol will be on the bench tomorrow :/

was gonna say, wasnt even your first team and we had 4 players form our asia tour playing, 2 of whom have played in PL and CL Luton smashed us 7-0 too and we only drew with a mixed O's team 4-4 :/
Robbo

16th Aug 13 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If Liverpool sign Willian that will be a sure sign of Suarez going IMO, £25-30m will be a lot for you guys given FFP etc. and the lack of any Euro comps for past 2 seaosns. IMO. Good player though, think we were interested 2 years ago but SD wanted too much
AlexSXI

16th Aug 13 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What has surprised me, is the number of 'predictions' made by papers / pundits / ex-players etc, still including Arsenal in the top 4.

I appreciate the first team is still top top quality, however, as we all know, the squad is thin and there's been no investment, yet Spurs & Liverpool have strengthened.

Think the top 6 will split into two sets of 3, with ManC, Chelsea & ManU battling it out for the title, and Arsenal, Spurs & Liverpool battling it out for 4th in a very very close battle. Couldn't predict the winner in either tussle!
AlexSXI

16th Aug 13 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

was gonna say, wasnt even your first team and we had 4 players form our asia tour playing, 2 of whom have played in PL and CL Luton smashed us 7-0 too and we only drew with a mixed O's team 4-4 :/

I liked how a few Arsenal reports (unofficial / twitter etc) stated it was nearly the U's first team, trying to gloss over it. All bar the goalie and one centre back aren't even bench players yet!
Robbo

16th Aug 13 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its very difficult to make any predictions whatsoever atm as Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool are all involved in major major ins/outs! McNulty has done a pretty fair assessment based on where we are all at today:

Chelsea
City
Utd
Spurs
Arsenal
Liverpool
Everton
Swansea

After that it goes a bit pear shaped :/ Bale and Rooney will be fine if they dont move, one suspects, whereas Suarez may not be so Liverpool most impacted on the 'as is' scenario, IMO
Robbo

16th Aug 13 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I liked how a few Arsenal reports (unofficial / twitter etc) stated it was nearly the U's first team, trying to gloss over it. All bar the goalie and one centre back aren't even bench players yet!
aye! i didnt think it was too bad a result until arseblog said it was your youth team :/
Robbo

16th Aug 13 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

problem being we have a crap stand in U21 coach and literally half of last years U21s and firts team unused reserve players have left and very few have replaced them. very worrying given that liam brady leaves in 6 months :/
chrisritch

16th Aug 13 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Its very difficult to make any predictions whatsoever atm as Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool are all involved in major major ins/outs! McNulty has done a pretty fair assessment based on where we are all at today:

Chelsea
City
Utd
Spurs
Arsenal
Liverpool
Everton
Swansea

After that it goes a bit pear shaped :/ Bale and Rooney will be fine if they dont move, one suspects, whereas Suarez may not be so Liverpool most impacted on the 'as is' scenario, IMO

6 game ban and no doubt will be banned again for being a cunt so we pretty much wont have him anyway
chrisd1983

16th Aug 13 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not building my hopes yet over Willian, i've only just recovered from not getting Mkhutrayanananikn. Cissokho looks an average fullback if im honest, was pretty good at Lyon for 6 months or so. We still need another centre back aka Papa.

Wonder what the odds of Rooney, Suarez and Bale still being at the respective clubs come the end of the transfer window!?

I'd be fuming if I was an Arsenal fan right now, they need to invest badly. No idea why Spurs have signed another centre mid in Capoue aswell!

Robbo

16th Aug 13 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Parker is leaving, think that's why. Though he's an idiot if he goes to QPR :/

Spurs desperately need a new CB (or 2!) and a LB IMO to challenge for title (assumign they keep Bale)
Steve
Premium Member

16th Aug 13 at 11:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
that coupled with Wenger would have won us the league this season or next :/

wut?
mwg

16th Aug 13 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For the first time ever, I don't think we'll win the league this season. Maybe I will get some confidence back if Moyes gets a few good results early on against the likes of Chelsea and City but without knowing what we are going to play like under him I can't say I am confident like I would have been in the past at this stage. No one has a clue how good or bad we will be, it's kind of scary!
mwg

16th Aug 13 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the moment out of Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal I'd put my money on Spurs to get 4th
Steve
Premium Member

16th Aug 13 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We wont win this season, fact, but I think moyes will be good in the long run
Hammer

16th Aug 13 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
We wont win this season, fact

The footballing oracle has spoken, get your money out lads.
Steve
Premium Member

16th Aug 13 at 14:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cavey

16th Aug 13 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If only the evil bastards running the FA hadn't rigged the fixtures to screw over united
Ben J

16th Aug 13 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spurs still won't finish above us.
Robbo

16th Aug 13 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
At the moment out of Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal I'd put my money on Spurs to get 4th
same
Robbo

16th Aug 13 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just bought a ticket for Fulham vs Arsenal next weekend and the greedy buggers charged me £56.25

The seat is ZZ1 as well, not the best one in the hosue admittedly...
mwg

16th Aug 13 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
If only the evil bastards running the FA hadn't rigged the fixtures to screw over united

From the clip I saw of him saying that on the news last night it seemed to be said jokingly but all the papers and other press are reporting it as though he's gone off on a rant about it. Mountain out of a mole hill
Nath

16th Aug 13 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:

From the clip I saw of him saying that on the news last night it seemed to be said jokingly but all the papers and other press are reporting it as though he's gone off on a rant about it. Mountain out of a mole hill

He didnt even say it was rigged. Just said it's not random. Which it's not anyway. Hence Super Sunday double headers and such like. Sky have too much input.

[Edited on 16-08-2013 by Nath]

<<  92    93    94    95    96    97    98  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer Thread 23 database queries in 0.0366139 seconds