corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread

New Poll
  <<  92    93    94    95    96    97    98  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Oct 14 at 18:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a green flag being waved in that video Steve, an I'm pretty sure there's not a harsher punishment than having an accident of that magnitude, even if it was under double waved yellows.
Ben G

6th Oct 14 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steves probably frantically reading f1 rules to try and become an expert of the subject. Just like he did for football.
Aaron

6th Oct 14 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a sickening impact with the crane. Such force to lift it off the ground! Echoing the comments made by some...i didn't expect the crash to be that fast and/or hard!
Dave

6th Oct 14 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not as big a loader as I thought but I still didn't expect it to move that much, that's in incredible impact.

In the Vine it looked as though he might have only caught the corner with his head but the slow-mo on the video is horrible. The fact he's out of surgery and breathing for himself must be fairly positive though?
Cole

6th Oct 14 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

breathing for himself he is not he is on a respirator
Ben G

6th Oct 14 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sky news/bbc news said he was breathing himself?

I suppose the respirator could be precautionary/helping him.
Rob_Quads

6th Oct 14 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is conflicting reports over breathing for himself

The only official news is he it out of surgery and stable but still critical
Dave

6th Oct 14 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, seems BBC jumped the gun on that one.
Steve
Premium Member

6th Oct 14 at 19:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
There's a green flag being waved in that video Steve, an I'm pretty sure there's not a harsher punishment than having an accident of that magnitude, even if it was under double waved yellows.

Everywhere has said it was double yellows, not sure what that green flag is about but if it was actually being green flagged properly then they are absolutely to blame
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Oct 14 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wonder who Marrusia have got lined up for Bianchi's seat in Russia.

Bit of a sad/morbid thing to have to think about, but the show must go on and all that. The team are obliged to run two cars, unless there are extraordinary circumstances. I think they would certainly be given a free pass for a couple of races based on this incident though.

If they have a spare chassis knocking about, I can see them giving Rossi a few events.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Oct 14 at 19:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not watched the video yet, but is the green flag waved after the crash-site? Yellows are only waved up to the point of the accident, if there was a marshal post just after the crash site - it may well be showing a green flag.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

6th Oct 14 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Holy moly. Feel a bit sick after seeing that video, he'd have been decapitated if he'd hit it only a fractionally earlier/straighter.

Fucking hell, if he comes out of this with any sort of normal life hes one lucky, lucky boy.
Cole

6th Oct 14 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/report/28593/9504602/unconscious-jules-bianchi-being-transferred-to-hospital-by-ambulance-

says in this he is not breathing unaided
JonnyJ

6th Oct 14 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
I've not watched the video yet, but is the green flag waved after the crash-site? Yellows are only waved up to the point of the accident, if there was a marshal post just after the crash site - it may well be showing a green flag.

Yeah the green flag is in the marshal post just slightly in front of where Sutil's car is. Totally normal.
cunningham

6th Oct 14 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might he have had some kind of failure to be going at that pace and going straight on ?
Ben G

6th Oct 14 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Normal? They were still clearing the sauber. The situation wasn't normal so should've been yellow, not green.

Green means go racing.

Bare in mind Bianchi may not have even seen the jcb due to the spray and could've been relying on his steering wheel readout with regards to the flags.
Ben G

6th Oct 14 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cunningham
Might he have had some kind of failure to be going at that pace and going straight on ?

This is possible. I'm sure Marussia will be investigating what happened.

Open cockpits are by design, very dangerous. I would hate to see them put in a bubble. It wouldn't be the same.
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Oct 14 at 23:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Japanese police still have the car so not sure Marrussia will have a clue yet!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

7th Oct 14 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just seen the full video on liveleak.

Double waved yellows when the tractors getting hooked up to the sauber. As it starts reversing, the Marshall waves a green flag. Bianchi then hits the tractor and all hell breaks loose. The Marshall still waves the green flag for at least 30 seconds. Then they wave yellows and put the SC board out.

Disgraceful really.

Also, apparently the FIA are trying to get the video removed from every website. Don't know whether this is true or not.
Ben G

7th Oct 14 at 01:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aftermath of the accident:

F1 2014 Japan GP - immediately after Jules Bianch…: http://youtu.be/VOE7-rE7MME

From this view, you can see the Marshalls post is further away than it looks on the other view, hence the green flag.

From that point on, everything was OK. Still, a bit of common sense needed there. They are probably bound by rules though.

[Edited on 07-10-2014 by Ben G]
Ben G

7th Oct 14 at 01:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steering wheel grip sitting on top of the car. Broken.

http://autosprint.corrieredellosport.it/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/01.jpg

Don't know if anyone else is using reddit for info, but seems pretty decent. Also, is that really heikki kovaleinen?

http://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/2iceky/please_do_not_post_speculation_or_any_unconfirmed/

[Edited on 07-10-2014 by Ben G]
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Oct 14 at 02:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Also, apparently the FIA are trying to get the video removed from every website. Don't know whether this is true or not.

FIA or FOM? FOM don't take too kindly to F1 footage at the best of times, and technically even amateur spectator footage is property of Bernie...

Obviously this clip is rather in the limelight and is attracting more FOM attention than usual so I can very much believe that they're doing whatever they can to take it out of circulation. Which will never happen, just ask Jennifer Lawrence's tits.

I feel the established media outlets have a moral obligation to ignore this footage, at least until Bianchis fate is publicized.

Green flag thing is close, technically a post even yards behind the incident would be green, and the driver remains on his yellow delta until he passes the first green flag. As the yellows are largely not respected I don't think the placement of that green flag so close to the sutil crash is much of an issue.

Footage is horrific, the fact the attending marshals were even able to react without just passing out amazes me.

The only way I can think Bianchis condition is even still a discussion is that the jcb must have lifted up and allowed the car to submarine under it, making the impact to his head a glancing blow. A 90 degree hit to the top or front of his head would have been immediately fatal I feel.

Seriously fucked up crash, it makes Sennas crash look like a fender bender. Testament to 2014 F1 I guess.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

7th Oct 14 at 05:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The green flag thing is irrelevant to me, hes dropped it far before he reaches that, in the double yellow zone. If he lit it up at that green flag he'd have missed that tractor by a mile. Remember, its not when you see a green flag you can pick the speed back up, its when you PASS it. Most likely is he'll have had a snap of oversteer near the start of dunlop curve, he'll have over corrected and its spat him back towards Sutil's incident but a failure obviously cannot be ruled out yet.

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T

The only way I can think Bianchis condition is even still a discussion is that the jcb must have lifted up and allowed the car to submarine under it, making the impact to his head a glancing blow. A 90 degree hit to the top or front of his head would have been immediately fatal I feel.

Definitely. The tractor is reversing at the time, if Bianchi arrives at the scene 2 or 3 seconds later he'd have hit it square on and probably decapitated. In many ways seriously unlucky but it could've been much, much worse.

[Edited on 07-10-2014 by JonnyJ]
Gsi_Ire

7th Oct 14 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats some on board footage I expect will never see the light of day.....
Scotty_B

7th Oct 14 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The camera angle is deceiving on the video, the marshall waving the green flag was correct in doing so as it was past the accident and you can't crash back the way.

All the drivers should/would have been notified about the tractor on track and should have acted accordingly. They also have a responsibility for safety not just the marshalls.

For me the speed of the accident indicates a failure of some sort.

Hope he makes a full recovery and tells us exactly what happened.

[Edited on 07-10-2014 by Scotty_B]

<<  92    93    94    95    96    97    98  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0330260 seconds