corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*

New Poll
  <<  94    95    96    97    98    99    100  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Oct 11 at 15:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
I usually play hardcore too.

Just give me some basic tips if you can?

What about customising guns etc? Do I have to earn that? What's a good all round auto weapon? I'm used to running round with an AK47

These game modes too, not even sure what's what

I'll get the hang of it.

You can play HC on there, not sure about consoles or how to search HC servers but it's on PC.

You earn unlocks by getting points, there's a lot of unlocks as each weapon is individual. You can't unlock something for one weapon and use it on a different one. Try all the starting weapons and see what you prefer.

For me, Conquest is the best game mode, although Rush is pretty good. Conquest you take control of different points. Rush you attack or defend M-COM stations.

Don't play it like a CoD game as it's 100% different. Get in a squad too so you can spawn on them and help each other out. It will take you a while to get used to it but once you do, you'll love it. People play for the objectives and not run and gun, and the maps are fucking huge compared to anything CoD have had in the last 4 years.
cunningham

29th Oct 11 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can custom your controller in options. Biggest tip would be to stick with your team as much as possible and join a sqaud. There is a hardcore mode mate its under the server options. Gun customising comes later as your earn scopes, flash lights and suppressors. try either going assault (ak) or support (heavy mg) these are good kits to get points quick by giving out medic kits and ammo bags
cunningham

29th Oct 11 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

united offensive was the best COD
DannyB
Premium Member

29th Oct 11 at 15:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, base on 64 man servers was the daddy hundreds of mods and maps too, love that game.
Paul_J

29th Oct 11 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brett whats your gamer tag

mine's

Paul J 85 I think

I want to play with some xbox cs'ers over voice comms.
Eck
Premium Member

29th Oct 11 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally got a decent Sniper rifle for when I'm trying to seek revenge on the little bastards. My 870 Shotgun is my most used gun though, followed by the rocket launcher The noises in this game are utterly stupendous.
Sunz

29th Oct 11 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After all this hype I personally think the game has fallen far short of expectations.

I find online confusing and fustrating, you can't see the enemy most of the time, confusing who is on your team and who isnt.
Jets seem massively over powered for the game.
Tanks seem pretty weak and useless.
Just this whole issue as a pc gamer that you can't load the game then pick what you want to do with it there, you have to do it all from a web brower, feels totally cheap and awkward.
Glad I got my copy free.

Bf3.exe comes up as a trojan with avira.
Avast blocks the web browers working.
EA are selling all your information to 3rd party companies.

So in all it's not for me, shall stick with tf2.

Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

29th Oct 11 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just bought this for ps3 will have a go after I've got some dinner down me.
If anyone fancies some online games?

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Brett
Premium Member

29th Oct 11 at 17:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My GT is loafofbrett, same as always

Cheers for tips Gotta say, it's a fuckin awesome game, especially with the surround on, etc. Sounds, environment, maps, all epic, will just take some getting used to. My Gun-ho COD attitude hasn't done me too bad on some maps actually, managed to catch entire squads out from behind and take them out. Get a proper cheap thrill when I get a kill I agree with the comments about hard to see enemy etc, but for me that adds to the realism, after all, you wouldn't have a red name box over somebody in the real world Deffo seems like a more realistic game where you need to take your time, as opposed to CODs sprint-n-kill-mentality.

My only issue is, NOBODY speaks! Wouldn't mind having a proper game with like-minded individuals doing it properly etc and giving me some guidance. Will jump in with some of you guys next time I'm on, off to a party now for the night

[Edited on 29-10-2011 by Brett]
chris_uk
Premium Member

29th Oct 11 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

main thing is go slow and protect your rear.
Eck
Premium Member

29th Oct 11 at 17:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brett it's 100x better when you're in a group of mates playing it. Having a strategy and talking amongst yourself is epic. But aye, the run and gun style does work sometimes But then if you're playing against a team with a few snipers you'll get eaten alive
Eck
Premium Member

29th Oct 11 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
main thing is go slow and protect your rear.

That depends on the map too. If you're with a team then aye it's a great tactic. On your own in a tight confines map, you'll get stabbed in no time.
chris_uk
Premium Member

29th Oct 11 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any map really, aslong as you watch yourself you should be ok, but i would probably move more than stand still.
Eck
Premium Member

29th Oct 11 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't work on any map at all. Some have a ridiculously high tempo and if you move slowly, you'll be shot in the back of the head.
chris_uk
Premium Member

29th Oct 11 at 18:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i say slow i mean just take your time.. dont just sprint everywhere.
Eck
Premium Member

29th Oct 11 at 18:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know mate I tread carefully when I'm on my own and it's a big map. But even just moving cautiously gets you murdered on the xbox. Because folk like me are sprinting non stop firing at shadows with a shotgun, blinding you with a torch
dannymccann

29th Oct 11 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brett get on with me and Kurt (DannyMcCann + Ch13fCh1mp), think we have you on our lists already.

Paul, going back on in about 15 mins so will invite you, every time I sign on i see you hammering it
Eck
Premium Member

29th Oct 11 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm heading on so may join you lot too. Kurt will just taunt my accent but hey ho!
chris_uk
Premium Member

29th Oct 11 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NOTICE We are going to perform some maintenance on our Xbox 360 servers in Europe. Some players may be kicked from their current games. The outage will last for a maximum of 2 hours. The maintenance should hopefully resolve some of the "Failed to connect" issues that some players are seeing. We´re very sorry for the inconvenience.
Eck
Premium Member

29th Oct 11 at 19:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got punted and can't get back in now So fucking infuriating. They are a bunch of useless bastards. ALWAYS happens with a big launch online now
DannyB
Premium Member

29th Oct 11 at 20:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Atleast the updates beneift the players, there's also no way to test for some errors until millions of people start using it. Some things don't start fucking up until then
Eck
Premium Member

29th Oct 11 at 20:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They did test for a shit load of players already. I'd sincerely hope the updates benefited the players, you know... The ones that buy it
DannyB
Premium Member

29th Oct 11 at 20:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not millions and millions they didn't, and only on limited maps and certain servers. There's big issues with tehran that have only just risen. Atleast they can patch it all easily.
Paul_J

29th Oct 11 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still fucking suck

Danny and Kurt are pretty good though.
Eck
Premium Member

29th Oct 11 at 20:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried to join your game but I couldn't connect to any server

<<  94    95    96    97    98    99    100  >>

New Poll