corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread

New Poll
  <<  94    95    96    97    98    99    100  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread
djgritt
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Oct 14 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Baku looks shite.
JonnyJ

8th Oct 14 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marussia are building up 2 cars in Sochi. No confirmation who will drive the 2nd one yet but you'd assume Rossi. The garage still has Bianchi's name above it.
Robin
Premium Member

8th Oct 14 at 11:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lewis signed for McLaren?
Robin
Premium Member

8th Oct 14 at 11:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.f1today.net/en/news/hamilton-signs-for-mclaren-for-2015
JonnyJ

8th Oct 14 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Havent seen any inklings of that anywhere tbh and theres usually someone with their finger on the pulse so if something like that had happened I'd have expected to see the rumours. Last i heard they he was negotiating an extension to his Merc deal.

EDIT: Just seen your link. Merc have already confirmed their driver live up for 2015 so I'd be extremely surprised if this "source" is correct. Lauda flat out denied they were looking at Alonso for 2015 and hes not normally one to beat about the bush. Lewis also said he would be at Mercedes and was looking to extend his deal beyond 2015. As someone who isnt very good at lying he'd have done a pretty good job of it at Suzuka if he'd signed for Mclaren weeks earlier.

[Edited on 08-10-2014 by JonnyJ]
Steve
Premium Member

8th Oct 14 at 12:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hamilton back to McLaren and McLaren to revive the red/white livery AND be competitive. That would be good
Robin
Premium Member

8th Oct 14 at 12:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And this is why it's called silly season.
Rob_Quads

8th Oct 14 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow I did not expect him to move back quite as quickly as that.

I'm guessing then Alonso to Mercedes?

McLaren claim its all false - http://www.pitpass.com/52661/Hamilton-to-McLaren-claim-utterly-without-foundation

[Edited on 08-10-2014 by Rob_Quads]
Scotty_B

8th Oct 14 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would love to see Alonso at Merc.
JonnyJ

8th Oct 14 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
Wow I did not expect him to move back quite as quickly as that.

I'm guessing then Alonso to Mercedes?

McLaren claim its all false - http://www.pitpass.com/52661/Hamilton-to-McLaren-claim-utterly-without-foundation

[Edited on 08-10-2014 by Rob_Quads]

Was always going to be really. Why would he leave a dominant Mercedes team, with whom he has a contract with next season, to jump to a transitional Mclaren? He'd have to be off his rocker.
Cole

8th Oct 14 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But didnt we all say that when he went to Mercedes
Cavey

8th Oct 14 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, because the Mercedes move was before massive rule change, he saw that Merc were going to be the dominant force
JonnyJ

8th Oct 14 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
But didnt we all say that when he went to Mercedes

He wasnt leaving a dominant Mclaren team and in fairness, i didnt say he was nuts, i said it was a good move

[Edited on 08-10-2014 by JonnyJ]
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Oct 14 at 23:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was very much expecting:

Alonso to get 3 year McLaren deal with a critical 1year results/engine performance clause.

Lewis to drag out negotiations till next summer (he's still contracted for 2015 w/ Merc remember), hopefully pick up a WDC in 2015 then either:

-Stay, and aim for a Schumi/Vettel type period of domination
- Move to Macca (Swap with Nando)
- Move to Ferrari

I would love a Lewis/Alonso dream-team though.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
whitter45

9th Oct 14 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think Vettel to Ferrari is a clear aim of what vettel wants to achieve

He wants the status that Schumi got i.e moving to a poor performing team and building it up to become the dominant for years to come

I just hope Alonso lands a drive even if its at Mclaren who I dislike very much
Scotty_B

9th Oct 14 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't wait for next season, will certainly be interesting.
JonnyJ

9th Oct 14 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T

Alonso to get 3 year McLaren deal with a critical 1year results/engine performance clause.

Lewis to drag out negotiations till next summer (he's still contracted for 2015 w/ Merc remember), hopefully pick up a WDC in 2015 then either:

- Move to Ferrari

Agree with this. Lewis wont want to commit to Merc for the long term right this second, until hes seen what the Mclaren/Honda package offers, you never know, it might be title winning out of the box but we'll see. Likewise, Alonso wont want to commit his long term future to Mac as it could be a dog. Tough thing for Alonso is that if it is a dog, Lewis will start seriously looking at committing to Merc long term, especially if they are still in a position like they are now.

You've got to ask, what have Merc got to gain by swapping Lewis for Alonso? Both will win them races and drive the car to its full potential and Lewis is a known quantity within the team. You arent going to be any better off by having Alonso driving instead of Lewis. The only way i could see it happening is if theres a complete breakdown between Nico and Lewis, and the working relationship becomes untenable.

If the Mac is a WC challenging car though, it would be very interesting to see if they would pair Lewis with Nando again. As i said above, i see no gain for the team in just having one or the other as they'll both max the car, but put them together...Would Alonso allow it?
Rob_Quads

9th Oct 14 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Perez obviously diesn't like racing much - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/29551563

Seriously - A safety car every time one is on the track. Some races that would mean 4/5 safety cars.

If they really want a good solution how about double yellow means you must apply the pit limiter. That would slow them down to a safe speed. It could even be automatic if they really wanted it to be fair so that everyone starts and stops at the same place
Steve
Premium Member

9th Oct 14 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
"You know you have to show a lift of the throttle to the FIA," Perez said.

"But if we are honest we know we want to lift as little as possible and go as fast as possible.

"It is something that in those conditions probably doesn't work."

so basically admitting the driver is to blame

in my mind it is a drivers issue, and enforcing them to actually abide by the rules, wether that be through fines or bans or whatever

[Edited on 09-10-2014 by Steve]
Scotty_B

9th Oct 14 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scotty_B

9th Oct 14 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
Perez obviously diesn't like racing much - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/29551563

Seriously - A safety car every time one is on the track. Some races that would mean 4/5 safety cars.

If they really want a good solution how about double yellow means you must apply the pit limiter. That would slow them down to a safe speed. It could even be automatic if they really wanted it to be fair so that everyone starts and stops at the same place

Applying the pit limiter would only work if it happened to all the cars at the same time. Tearing down a straight and the car in front hits the brakes/limiter just before you isn't going to be pretty.
Jambo

9th Oct 14 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the crash destroyed the roll hoop I can't see a closed cockpit offering any form of protection at all.

Maybe ejector seats
Scotty_B

9th Oct 14 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
If the crash destroyed the roll hoop I can't see a closed cockpit offering any form of protection at all.

Maybe ejector seats

Exactly, pie in the sky. They'd soon get banned if a driver got sliced open by one in an accident.
JonnyJ

9th Oct 14 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rossi will race for Marussia this weekend
whitter45

9th Oct 14 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T

- Move to Ferrari

Agree with this. Lewis wont want to commit to Merc for the long term right this second, until hes seen what the Mclaren/Honda package offers, you never know, it might be title winning out of the box but we'll see. Likewise, Alonso wont want to commit his long term future to Mac as it could be a dog. Tough thing for Alonso is that if it is a dog, Lewis will start seriously looking at committing to Merc long term, especially if they are still in a position like they are now.

You've got to ask, what have Merc got to gain by swapping Lewis for Alonso? Both will win them races and drive the car to its full potential and Lewis is a known quantity within the team. You arent going to be any better off by having Alonso driving instead of Lewis. The only way i could see it happening is if theres a complete breakdown between Nico and Lewis, and the working relationship becomes untenable.

If the Mac is a WC challenging car though, it would be very interesting to see if they would pair Lewis with Nando again. As i said above, i see no gain for the team in just having one or the other as they'll both max the car, but put them together...Would Alonso allow it?

I agree with this but I think Alonso is able to get more out of a poor performing car than lewis

Thats the only advantage Merc would have but the merc is not a poor performing car so not applicable in this case

<<  94    95    96    97    98    99    100  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0332658 seconds