corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bloody Middle Aged Maniacs!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bloody Middle Aged Maniacs!!
Wabbit2k3

User status: Offline
   12th Sep 03 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know this is a long post but I'm bloody seething!

I was coming out of my village through the 30 zone towards Exeter and a car pulls right up to my a$$. I think nothing of it....get to the national speed limit sign and start to accelerate. Get to about 50 and this guy starts to overtake.

I'm still accelerating and we are coming up to a blind S bend that goes downhill. At this point we are about level. A car pops up over the hill going a fair lick and I $hit myself thinking there is no way in hell any of us are coming out of this alive!

He doesn't slow up so I slam on my brakes and he nearly takes off my front end when he pulls in front. I blast my horn as he swerves all over the road trying to get control again.

He put his finger up so I drop it a gear and floor it. I thought I'd take his plates and report him. We get up to about 90 round the S bends and onto the first bridge. he slams on his brakes and indicates to pull over, I do the same.

He gets out of his car, walks over to me and say's "what's your problem mate?" I reply saying "are you mad? You nearly killed us all back there!" he replies saying "shame" and walks off!

This bloke was mid 40's in a P reg Rover 400......and they say it's the boy racers that are the problem!

Rant over!
mav

12th Sep 03 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell me about it.........They are the worse..older ppl thinking they are nigel mansell..
Nismo

12th Sep 03 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would have planted one in his face and said your my problem , have it you old rover driving over taking fool! and spat on his shoe
Swimace

12th Sep 03 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should have stuck on ur side of the road, if he hits the car head on on the wrong side of the road it's his problem, plus mathmatically if he hits a car head on next to you you have a high chance of not getting involved at all, so u could just look behind and laugh.
Dan B

12th Sep 03 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Swimace
should have stuck on ur side of the road, if he hits the car head on on the wrong side of the road it's his problem, plus mathmatically if he hits a car head on next to you you have a high chance of not getting involved at all, so u could just look behind and laugh.

That doesn't help the poor innocent person in the car the other driver hits head-on......at the end of the day, what's the point in causing an accident if you can get out of the way?
Swimace

12th Sep 03 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL i'd have stayed on my side of the road. What will be will be.
Swimace

12th Sep 03 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus be careful with the wording of that "what's the point in causing an accident if you can get out of the way" Your not in the way, he is! you are driving totally legally and doing nothing wrong. Its his mis judgment.
mav

12th Sep 03 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree wi Dan though..if u can avoid an accident u do..No matter how many dicks are on the road......
Swimace

12th Sep 03 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

therefore YOU are not causing an accident.
mav

12th Sep 03 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No but u can detere one from happening though..
Dan B

12th Sep 03 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe not, but you can help avoid it by not driving aggressively......yes, it's your right of way, but by slowing down and letting him in, you potentially save the lives of at least two people.
Swimace

12th Sep 03 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, i agree, just annoys me when ppl drive like that. If he drives a rover like that much more he's not long for this world :LOL:

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bloody Middle Aged Maniacs!! 23 database queries in 0.0085940 seconds