corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.2 16v-1.6 16v again

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.2 16v-1.6 16v again
calidus

User status: Offline
   18th Sep 03 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite then peeps, as u all know, ive bin getting worried about changing engines over lol- Im fitting a gsi c16xe to my corsa b 1.2 16v sxi, i believe I can still use all engine mounts and coolant etc, I may be keeping my original gearbox, however if not I have a speedo and cable to compensate this, my main worries are the fusebox- I do not know if these will be the same or compatable, and I dont know if I can use my loom from the ecu thats inside the car that goes thru to the engine, appart from that I think it should go ok, obtained the zorst system and teaming it with my scorpion bbox, and got a pipercross induction kit- if anyone has any useful info that will help me please let me know lol, ive only swapped engine for engine b4, not different engines over lol
Greasemonkey

18th Sep 03 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need loom, ECU and gearbox matey your gear box wont be up to the job, got to change the radiator and the header tank to, maybe fuel pump too not sure on that one though
calidus

19th Sep 03 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

getting ecu n gearbox and I THINK all of the loom,the radiator looks the same from what I can remember,I aint sure bout the fuel pump as mines a 16v anyways :s
Cybermonkey

19th Sep 03 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy my Sport 1.6

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=90888

Dave
CRB 553

19th Sep 03 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ur fuel pump / radiator will b fine, dont worry about the fuses etc, u can use the majority of ur existing loom provided u are confident to split it down and locate everything, will need to change ur clocks aswell.

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by CRB 553]
calidus

19th Sep 03 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got clocks ready- in case gearbox doesnt agree with the newer leccy speedo lol, Im hoping the looms shudnt be too different, is it the harness from ecu to engine I need to be careful of? what do I do about the diagnostic? is that on a different loom? im hoping the majority will plug n play, however Im prepared to strip some loom down

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.2 16v-1.6 16v again 24 database queries in 0.0122449 seconds