corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Gains from a straight thru Decat pipe?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gains from a straight thru Decat pipe?
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
22nd Sep 03 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what sort of power/torque/sound would be gained on a 1.6 16v Gsi if i got a straight thru decat pipe put on???
its got induction kit and cat back group "A" zorst at the moment.

[Edited on 22-09-2003 by MoNkEy MaGiC]
Big Col

22nd Sep 03 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the rollers mine gained +4bhp and +2lb ft. Most noticable was the loss of the flat spot at 3500rpm and the extra MPG... about 40 extra miles to each tank. However it was alot noiser. Sounded fantastic when in the mood but for everyday driving was too boomy especially around the 2000-3000rpm area. I put my CAT back in so I was able to talk to my passengers.
MoNkEy MaGiC

22nd Sep 03 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol it was that noisy! i thought it just made it more raspy?

ive got a full scorpion system, its not the loudest zorst but is just perfect not too loud or too quite, sounds mean after 3500revs but thats mainly coz of the induction kit.

did your car actually FEEL faster???
i thought the miles per gallon would go DOWN!! but 40 extra miles sounds wicked!!
Wolf In Welsh Clothing

22nd Sep 03 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My janspeed never felt faster, wasn't noisier or raspier either though.
It did gain 5bhp at the wheels though.
Big Col

23rd Sep 03 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoNkEy MaGiC
lol it was that noisy! i thought it just made it more raspy?

ive got a full scorpion system, its not the loudest zorst but is just perfect not too loud or too quite, sounds mean after 3500revs but thats mainly coz of the induction kit.

did your car actually FEEL faster???
i thought the miles per gallon would go DOWN!! but 40 extra miles sounds wicked!!

It was raspier at the top end > 5.5Krpm. I would often get a pop or bang when doing redline gearchanges especially 3rd-4th.

It did feel more responsive due to the removal of the flat spot. If I floor it in 3rd or 4th under 3500rpm I can definately feel the difference. Without the CAT it definately picked up quicker.

New Poll