corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Exhausts ~ Cosmetic or Performance Modifications ??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Exhausts ~ Cosmetic or Performance Modifications ??
Mikeboy

User status: Offline
30th Sep 03 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just checked with my insurance, and cosmetic modifications don't cost anything extra, but a performance modification with less than a 10% extra power increase is £49.35.

Now surely a backbox on its own is going to be more 'cosmeticy' than a performance mod? Surely it all depends on the type and brand of exhaust as to whether it increases the power at all?

So surely if you dont have the centre piece, and dont have any induction kit or anything, but just have the backbox, that's not going to increase the power by anything to worry about is it? They're hardly going to put it on a RR and say 'ooooh, no, look you've increased the power from standard by 0.25 bhp' are they?

So in that case I'd be safe to declare it as a 'cosmetic' modification yes ?
MikeH

30th Sep 03 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Insurance companies i'd guess are likely to say it's a performance mod.

Just a guess
Mikeboy

30th Sep 03 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mmmmm

Well he gave me the choice. First I said I doubt it will make any difference on the power , and that it was purely cosmetic ! I think if I'd have wanted to decalre it there and then he wouldn't of said no ..

Gggrr got me thinking now. Bet when I actually phone up to declare it for real I'll get a stupid old woman on the phone that won't believe it's only cosmetic

New Poll