corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » RAF

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author RAF
Cybermonkey

User status: Offline
29th Oct 03 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well when i got to London for a presentation, this marshall gathered us into a room, and he was pretty strict. I was sitting near the back and he made me move to the front like i was at school. They try and crack you with the training, which i watched on a video in teh presentation
Shelly
Premium Member

29th Oct 03 at 09:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was that before you applied, cos you have a presentation before you have all your interviews dont you?
Cybermonkey

29th Oct 03 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shelly
was that before you applied, cos you have a presentation before you have all your interviews dont you?

Yes, then i went for a chat with one of the presenters and they said it is an impossibility for me to be a pilot, even though i have the knowledge and qualifications.
Shelly
Premium Member

29th Oct 03 at 10:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aww thats shit im sorry dave
Cybermonkey

29th Oct 03 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
aww thats shit im sorry dave

Well shit happens. Got 3 a-levels and been in the same warehouse job for 2years. I have had so many interviews for computer jobs, but i have no experience. Such a pain. Hopefully moving to australia will be better for us
Graham

29th Oct 03 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my dad went into the RAF sum 25years ago now, he started to hate abot 5 years ago, but he did enjoy it, he was a fireman in RAF Waddington for a bit and many other bases been over all of europe and even Iraq, Kuwait, Ascention Islands and Falklands.
Shelly
Premium Member

29th Oct 03 at 10:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So generally people like it?

Dave, can't you do something else in the RAF?
Cybermonkey

29th Oct 03 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes it must be amazing to be in the RAF. I didnt want to do anything else really. I dream of flying.
Shelly
Premium Member

29th Oct 03 at 10:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you should take up flying lessons
Shelly
Premium Member

29th Oct 03 at 10:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ultimatedreamdays.co.uk/cat_home.tpl?cat=air
Cybermonkey

29th Oct 03 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
you should take up flying lessons

I have had 8 so far. Just too expensive running the car AND flying lessons. £100 an hour.

Dave
Cybermonkey

29th Oct 03 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have confidence in my flying skills, i think that i could pilot a plane with ease.
Shelly
Premium Member

29th Oct 03 at 10:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aww thats great, chasing your dream... Good luck with it. I can imagine you don't get to do it much because its quite expensive.
Cybermonkey

29th Oct 03 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes. Im on about £19k a year, which isnt bad, but i dont enjoy it. I love working on computers, but flying is my aim. In Australia its dirt cheap and i might train to become a tour pilot around Cairns or something like that.
Shelly
Premium Member

29th Oct 03 at 10:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aww that sounds great!
Cybermonkey

29th Oct 03 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes. Leon_in_uk was taking the piss out of me the other day because im into aircraft, and hes scared of flying!!! Do you like flying shelly?
Shelly
Premium Member

29th Oct 03 at 10:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I haven't flown for a while but I do love it. I fancy having a helicopter ride. My cousin went to his prom in one and ever since I watched him take off I've wanted a go.

I know this is sad but sometimes I go get a maccies and sit at the end of the runway at John Lennon and watch the big orange planes come in and out.
Cybermonkey

29th Oct 03 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah I haven't flown for a while but I do love it. I fancy having a helicopter ride. My cousin went to his prom in one and ever since I watched him take off I've wanted a go.

I know this is sad but sometimes I go get a maccies and sit at the end of the runway at John Lennon and watch the big orange planes come in and out.

God i love you!
Yes my grandad used to work for Airbus and BAe and was chief designer. He helped design the A300, BAe146, BAe121 Trident etc etc
He used to take me to Luton Airport before it was expanded and sit in the spectator area watching all these planes taxiing to the runway. He used to take me up the control tower. That was awesome.

Dave
Shelly
Premium Member

29th Oct 03 at 10:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought you'd think I was sad.
elfunkyo

29th Oct 03 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a couple of flying lessons aswell. Got one for my 21st and sort of made a point of trying to get one or two in per year since, it's such a buzz
Cybermonkey

29th Oct 03 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is. I can honestly say that flying an aircraft is te most satisfying thing i have ever done.
elfunkyo

29th Oct 03 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couldn't agree with you more, but your right it is bloody expensive
Cybermonkey

29th Oct 03 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i remember catching an updraft whilst flying a piper, and getting very close to Luton Intl airspace, right wing flew up and instructor had to make sharp left turn to correct. I shit my pants. That feeling of lift when hitting warm air is amazing though, you just cant feel it in commercial aircraft, unless its turbulent air.
elfunkyo

29th Oct 03 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what you mean about the feeling of lift but never had any scary experiances yet (touch wood) they plane I've flew is also a piper, not sure what type, think i've got a photo of it somewhere.
Cybermonkey

29th Oct 03 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My instructor also flies a Mooney Bravo, jesus christ that things fast. Known as the Ferrari of light aircraft. Alcantara seats

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » RAF 23 database queries in 0.0147979 seconds