corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Quick question bout 6x9 speakers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Quick question bout 6x9 speakers
Mase
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Oct 03 at 12:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

....I'm putting some 6x9's in the car 2nite and was wondering which wire is +ve and which is -ve on the current rear speakers ????
The colour of the cables are,
Brown/White
and White.

cheers ppl !!

[Edited on 30-10-2003 by mase5]

[Edited on 30-10-2003 by mase5]

Mase
drunkenfool

30th Oct 03 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it doesnt matter so long as its the same on both the speakers, it will just mean that they run out of phase if you do it wrong, making them sound airy and undirectional
drunkenfool

30th Oct 03 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ps - i dont know without looking in case you did want to have the right colours!
Mase
Premium Member

30th Oct 03 at 15:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh right. I'll av a go and see what happens !!!!

Mase
Mase
Premium Member

30th Oct 03 at 17:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why do vauxhall make it so hard for u 2 do anything wiring wise????

cos i've just bin outside to try an fit em and i can clearly see the wires on the drivers side, but the passengers side is another story. U can't get at the speaker without ripping the side of the boot out, which i ain't gonna do 2nite cos i bloody freezing !!!

Does anybody know if the colours of the wires would be different on each side, cos i got a brown/white an a white wire on the drivers side, but a brown/white an a black/white which i think are speaker cables ont he passanger side ????? Any help please !!!

Mase
Richie

30th Oct 03 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wires are taped into a loom on the passengers side, indeed difficult to get at. The brown/white wire is the wire from your boot light, dont try that

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Quick question bout 6x9 speakers 24 database queries in 0.0109520 seconds