corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Wiring of Light switches! LED fitting

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wiring of Light switches! LED fitting
barry_kellett99

User status: Offline
14th Nov 03 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have opened up all my little light switches to replace the bulbs inside with LEDs, I have soldered them all in and tested them, but when i put them in their plugs they dont work.... and i realised ive soldered the LEDs the wrong way round!

SOOOOOOO.... to test them the next time I need to know which wires are positive and negative, we have grey wires, brown wires and grey/yellow and black/yellow wires
barry_kellett99

14th Nov 03 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

argh!
Mistamist

14th Nov 03 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well a LED has a cathode and a anode so b4 you start soldering test to see which wire is which, bear in mind the led has a flat part on the cathode side. what sort of led's you using?
barry_kellett99

14th Nov 03 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know which sides of the LED are +ive and -Ive, I need to know which wires on the plug switches correspond so im soldering them in the right places, so i dont spend all day soldering and unsoldering

New Poll