corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Speeding offence advice

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speeding offence advice
Claire

User status: Offline
13th Nov 03 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dual carrageway is 70 unless otherwise stated
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

13th Nov 03 at 18:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

70 on dual
PaulW

13th Nov 03 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I rekon 3 months definately means the NIP & also the offence are void. I know its 14 days (call it 20 for postage) for a producer of the offence, andy longer and ya can just write back tellin em to fek off

wheres romford when ya need him...
Mikorsa16v

13th Nov 03 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin J
Get your Boss to right a letter to be presented at the court, saying that it will effect your job, the company if you loose licence (This has been known to help)

my mate did the same thing with his boss. all the magistrate said was "well as he will bend over backwards to help you keep your licence then he will help you get to work and back" then the magistrate said "there are plenty of restaurants (we both work at a restaurant) where you live"

bein well harsh, but he was caught speeding with a bald tyre and a broken drivers seat so.
BabyBlade

13th Nov 03 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dual is normally 70 but checks steves thread, am sure someone will know. i got done doing 93 on a dual carriageway, got 3 points and 60quid fine
stubbsy

13th Nov 03 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought that normaly over 90 is a straight ban, as stated before though explain that you need your licence for job but still expect 6 points and a really heafty fine.
Paul_J

13th Nov 03 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
my ex got 2 month ban and £500 fine for doin 124 on motorway no other offences and he is 23

What happens after the 2 month ban? does he have to take his test again? or does he get points? how many? etc?
Fad

13th Nov 03 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i aint goin to piss on you bonfire here but does anyone rember them two motorsyclist who got caugh doing 124mph and they got prisioned
Lancy

14th Nov 03 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hiya, i was asked by shelly to come over and add some of my knowledge on the subject.

as u probably know, i dont come on here often, so i may not reply for a bit.

however, first things first.....

HOW DID U GET CAUGHT?

1. Was it a gatso........in which case ask to see the photo of your car, if it is a shot from the front and u can clearly see who is driving, you will have to accept it was you.

However, if it is from the rear, then it is very possible that is was captain john (the 65 year old pensioner whos always to pissed to drive, who sits at the bar in the local british legion, who is happy to lose his driving liscence, which he hasnt used in years anyway for about 100 quid.)

2. was is a police handheld or tripod camera.......if it was a stand alone camera then the poilce must pull you imediately, as most of these do not have the ability to record.

if it was a camera attached to a bike, car, or large box then it can store pictures, therefore u want to see the picture as above (follow the old man procedure if the drives image is not clear)

also.......if it was a handheld camera and it does go to court, then the police need to produce a calibration certificate for the day, the photograph and a statement from the officer involved, if any of these are missing a decent solicitor can get it dropped.

3. was it a police car that followed you? if so, once again ask to see the video (you can see it by law) if the speed the police clocked was chasing u, then argue in court that he was doin that speed to catch u up, and that in real speeds u were doin about 80.

IMPORTANT NOTICE.........DO NOT SIGN THE LETTER YOU GET UNTIL U HAVE DECIDED WHAT OUTCOME TO FOLLOW.

ONCE U SIGN, UR ALMOST DEFFO SCREWED.

please feel free to add me to msn if u want any more info.

here ends the reading!

ps......some of the above actions are illegal, and therefore, being the law abiding citizen that i am, i would never recommend them for anything other than a joke. So laugh you miserable git!!!!
Sam
Premium Member

14th Nov 03 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm quite sure that the offence is void because you have not received the notice of intended prosecution within 14 days of the offence.

I would suggest you speak to a lawyer that deals with these kind of offences for further clarification, because that's what I'd be doing!
SetH

14th Nov 03 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yesh i will be doing this, got to wait for the summons to come through apparently though before a solicitor can advise properly. I thought i bought the car in april but it was 26th june, offence was 7th july, DVLA must have got the V5 buy the 28/29th june so that only leaves a week and thus the NIP might have gone to previous registered keeper? so im screwed.
Sam
Premium Member

14th Nov 03 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not necessarily...
Sooty
Banned

14th Nov 03 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember a while ago in the corsa, I was doing 110mph at night, no cars on the motorway... I actually over took a police car.... he did nothing to my surprise.... sometimes they are leneant on the circumstances
SetH

14th Nov 03 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

offence date was 7th july, i got the NIP on 29th october, would i really take 3 months to trace me if i got the V5 into the DVLA by end of june? face it im going to jail and im going to get bummed, i cant help thinking they might have got me during a 30 second burst of 110 or so.
Sam
Premium Member

14th Nov 03 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
face it im going to jail and im going to get bummed

This prospect pleases you, yes?
Tim
Site Administrator

14th Nov 03 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the problem I have with the 2L. At least the 1.2 couldn't get over 100 easily

No magistrate is the same so I don't think you could judge based on other people's experiences -- personally I'd just wait and see but I think you'll be ok especially with the your job circumstances.

Also although the above might help you get away with it (like asking for the calibration cert etc) I'd prolly be too worried to try it incase they thought I was getting cocky and slammed the book on me... I've always been yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir, with the police and always survived to tell the tale
Lancy

14th Nov 03 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont get silly,

theres no was u will go to jail.

the reason those motorbikers went to jail was because they were tailed by police at that speed, over miles and miles, and with video evidence.

Any decent solicitor will be able to get the speed lowered from over 100 to something more acceptable.

does the summons actually say what speed u were doin? cos it should do.

take my adive above, find some pensioner who doesnt need a liscence and pay em to say they was drivin. cost u about 100 quid......so ive heard.

Lancy

14th Nov 03 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tim,

all those things come in to play when u get to court.

they have to have them by law, so asking to see them isnt being cocky in the slightest.

once ur in court you will have ur own solicitor.

RULE NUMBER 1:

AND THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE EVER.......NEVER GET A FREE SOLICITOR FROM THE POLICE, FIRSTLY THEY ARE CRAP (WHY DO THEY NOT HAVE THEIR OWN GOOD FIRMS.....COS THEY ARE CRAP), SECONDLY, IT COULD BE SAID THAT THEY WORK FOR THE POLICE........(cos the Justice peeps pay for em)

I would suggest borrowing money for a decent solictor rather that takin one of the freebies on.
SetH

14th Nov 03 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not recieved the summons yet, looking forward to it as id like to see how fast i was going.
Tim
Site Administrator

14th Nov 03 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's fair enough... I was just saying I've always got away with stuff through being really polite and I'd be too worried to get confrontational myself...
Lancy

14th Nov 03 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eh?????

if u aint received a summons, what r u worryin about?

ive gone all confused now. i was presumin u had already been acused of speeding.

just pay someone else to say they were driving, and you keep a clean liscence then.
DAYZEE

14th Nov 03 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the speedo was reading 100 then you were not going 100. Its 25mph over the limit for a summons, so thats 95+.
I was followed (chased) by a traffic cop on the A1 for 0.6 miles at 110mph (my speedo) when I finally pulled over they had me down at 97.6mph.
They told me I would have to go to court etc....I asked them to put it down as 95 and I would happily accept the fine but they said no....miserable sods!
In the end I got the producer, and thats it! They never followed up the offence so I got off scott free.
Lancy

14th Nov 03 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dayzee......that would be an interesting one in court.....for the police to prove a set speed in court they need to follow you at a constant distance for a certain amount of time, and its deffo more than 0.6 miles.

again, a decent solicitor would get you off that, or at least get it lowered to a more suitable amount.

If the speedo was reading 100 then u can accept a small amount of variation in the true speed (you can argue this in court too), eg novas over 100 are well known for mostly being 10% or more out. so 110, is probably more like 100ish.

then take into account large wheels which offset the speedo, and uve got urself a decent case to have the speed lowered.

however if the copper was sat on ur back bumper all the way, the u shouldnt be so stupid. lol

[Edited on 14-11-2003 by Lancy]
DAYZEE

15th Nov 03 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lancy
dayzee......that would be an interesting one in court.....for the police to prove a set speed in court they need to follow you at a constant distance for a certain amount of time, and its deffo more than 0.6 miles.
[Edited on 14-11-2003 by Lancy]

They had a VASCAR system in the car as it was a proper motorway patrol car. 97.6 was my average speed over the 0.6 miles and they would have had absolutely no problem prosecuting me.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Speeding offence advice 23 database queries in 0.0197251 seconds