corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Never Again

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Never Again
Greasemonkey

User status: Offline
16th Nov 03 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just having a moan, i forgott what a painful experience it was swapping engines , took out my C16XE today and replaced it with a fully re-built C16XE thats pushing about 140BHP+, well the old engine is out, the new one has got its head back on, cams back in and gearbox on, and is now sitting in my engine bay, i aint looking forward to doing the plumbing tomoz!!!!, oh well i am knackered, i could do this bloody conversion with me eyes closed, all that left is, plumbing, wiring, tie bars anti roll bars to go back on, exhaust to be replaced, bonnet on, new -60mm front springs, coolant fill up, power steering fluid, oil change, and fire it up, i hope it goes well or i will be moaning again, jesus i should be happy!!!
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ need my sleep
Adam-D

16th Nov 03 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa_godfather

16th Nov 03 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the engine gt done to it to give it 140bhp
DangerousDave16v

16th Nov 03 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It takes a good mechanic to have the balls to swap an engine. me dads done it plenty, but im too scared to do it on me own

hope it goes well
miles

16th Nov 03 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its all basic stuff, anyone could do it, its just confidence.
uprated

16th Nov 03 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i should thbink its double checking too
DangerousDave16v

16th Nov 03 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its all the little tiny things that go wrong, that eventually make you go insane.
TOMAS

16th Nov 03 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember when I first started driving and knew nothing about cars (17) and I helped my x's brother-in-law change a gearbox in an old Fiesta. He had hardly any tools and a Haynes manual! We had to take one out of one car that had been dumped around the corner by dropping the engine out and then lifting the chassis over the engine and then removing the box. It took us 17hours and at the end we were working by candlelight!! Never ever again, nowadays I realise that 17 hours on a gearbox is MENTAL!
miles

17th Nov 03 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yes, having the right tools is also a must.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Never Again 24 database queries in 0.0110991 seconds