corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Loadsa rain, mud + flooding - and a free Discovery to use!! :D

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Loadsa rain, mud + flooding - and a free Discovery to use!! :D
MattyB

User status: Offline
22nd Nov 03 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just done some hardcore off roading up near Stevenage in mate's dad's Discovery, in the pitch black which was pretty damn good. The 2.5TDi, which took everything we could throw at it!!

Few rivers up here have burst their banks after todays rain, so seeing as i'm insured, i asked, and he's a nice bloke, he let us!!

he'd only had the car for 2 weeks, and i'd never driven a proper 4x4 before.....but he was pretty drunk :s

Slip sliding thru some muddy fields, bout 2 feet of water, up some inclines, down some slopes! had a great laugh. Took 3 of my mates for the extra laugh, and a hand if we got stuck (had all our waders, rope, torch etc) with us! We found this big long hill (farmers track), that just seemed to get steeper and steeper, so we booted up it till we cud go no more, and just slid back down!!

At one point, me mate climbed up the back ladder onto the roof, and sample the country side delights from up there!! :s nutcase!!

Diff lock is awesome, although steering becomes mega heavy, and engine starts sounding very rough!! But it does get u out of almost any situation.

Was great, so i thought i wud share that with you!

Any of you done it? whether it be proper courses or just having a laughin in a muddy field?? How good are the proper off road course days etc? Might do one!!

Matt
MattyB

22nd Nov 03 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gotta go get it washed 2moz tho

It was caked in bout 3cm of pure mud. lol

sorted
groom

22nd Nov 03 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did a TINY bit in my dads mates pickup, great fun slidin
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

22nd Nov 03 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^ ^^^
broster
Premium Member

22nd Nov 03 at 23:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

done some on a 250cc raing quad bike, got propa dirty there, messin in my neighbours field!
sxi16vjoe

22nd Nov 03 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been goin out on quads every week lately.

got fukin muddy last week when i rolled and landed in a bush with the quad on top of me

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Loadsa rain, mud + flooding - and a free Discovery to use!! :D 23 database queries in 0.1894300 seconds