corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » urgent! computer people help!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author urgent! computer people help!
broster
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Nov 03 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, im building a pc as we speak, but we wanna no how we can attach the temperature gauges that come supplied with the case, where do we stick them and how!!!!!
please help
mark broster

[Edited on 27-11-2003 by broster]
broster
Premium Member

27th Nov 03 at 20:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some1 must no!
l33t corsa

27th Nov 03 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I assume you mean where do you put the probe?

On the side of the processor core/die if it's an AMD XP. Motherboad northbridge is also a popular spot. You can use thermal epoxy (type of glue), available from anywhere that caters for overclockers. Or the temp probe may come with some or have a sticky probe.

Did it not come with a manual?

If you mean the actual display or whatever, then stick it where you like.
l33t corsa

27th Nov 03 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont put it between the heatsink and the core though... that'd end in disaster.
m-dot

27th Nov 03 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you dont know what to do why build a pc when you can buy one that is already built

[Edited on 27-11-2003 by m-dot]
broster
Premium Member

27th Nov 03 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the probe that i dunno where to stick, its an amd 2600+ xp cpu thingy! the case came with no instructions. so i glue it on with magic glue?
broster
Premium Member

27th Nov 03 at 20:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by m-dot
if you dont know what to do why build a pc when you can buy one that is already built

[Edited on 27-11-2003 by m-dot]

cuz i found its cheaper this way, and i wanna learn! like to do stuff meself unlike some people!
broster
Premium Member

27th Nov 03 at 20:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also where do i stick the one for the hard drive, anywhere in particular?
l33t corsa

27th Nov 03 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll want thermal epoxy... http://extremecooling.co.uk/web/product?product=600002

You see the square thingy that sticks up in the middle of the processor... if it's slim enough attach it to the side.
broster
Premium Member

27th Nov 03 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the help mate! gunna get some of that gluey stuff now!
l33t corsa

27th Nov 03 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, don't blame me if you mess it up.

You can monitor temps from windows anyway.
broster
Premium Member

27th Nov 03 at 21:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but the case came built in with some funky digital gauges, so i may as well use them as they look cool!
l33t corsa

27th Nov 03 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Once you stick it one with thermal epoxy, it aint going to come off. Make sure you don't cause any short circuits or whatever, and make sure the probe isn't taller than the cpu core, otherwise the heatsink will won't make proper contact and you nice new processor will be scrap. By glueing it on, you'll also most likely void any warranty on the cpu.

If it's your first build, concentrate on getting the basics right, and do the fancy stuff later.
broster
Premium Member

27th Nov 03 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah think ill leave it for a while!
l33t corsa

27th Nov 03 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sticking them to the hd , or even in the path of the ehaust fan can be useful... you can monitor cpu/mobo/hdd temps in windows, but probably not case temps.

If you wanted to be safe you could stick it to the underneath of the cpu heatsink or even the side of it... you'd get decent readings from there too.
broster
Premium Member

27th Nov 03 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah im gunna stick on one the hdd case, and one on the side of the heat sink, this will be ok wont it!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » urgent! computer people help! 23 database queries in 0.0093441 seconds