corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help, What car next??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help, What car next??
moddedcorsa

User status: Offline
2nd Nov 03 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, i currently have a 1.2 8v corsa b, When im 19 (april next year) i want to get something a bit faster, and possibly bigger.
I want a car that looks fairly good std, and handles quite well, As i dont want to be spending all my time and £££ on it like the corsa.

I will hopefully have 1 years ncb when i get a new car. Im paying £1200 FC with liv vic on the 1.2 8v.
I was thinking of a mk4 astra (like a 1.6sxi), but these seem pretty rare in 3-door models, all seem 2 be 5-doors

what to you recemend? Cheers

[Edited on 02-11-2003 by moddedcorsa]
DangerousDave16v

2nd Nov 03 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your a vauxhall freak go for an astra or maybe an early#b gsi, but if not go for a saxo*.there light, they handle and are nippy and if you drop it it'll look ok.its just a means to something faster

*sue me
Kerry

2nd Nov 03 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try gettin a few insurance quotes mate before u get your hopes up
mk4_astra

2nd Nov 03 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your gona get a mk4 astra try and get a 1.8 or above, and a 5 door if you dont mind them coz the insurance is slightly cheaper, what about going jap and getting a 1.6 civic vti? or you could get an E36 beemer? but as kerry says ring the insurance companies before you start making plans
moddedcorsa

15th Nov 03 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah deff want a mk4 now! But i think ill wait till im 20 (another year and 5months)
then hopefull hav 2yrs no claims, and get a 1.8 sxi/sport
moddedcorsa

28th Nov 03 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

another idea is a corsa 1.4 16v sport/sri, Any1 19 with 1yrs ncb with a 1.4 16v??
broster
Premium Member

28th Nov 03 at 19:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got one, im 20 tho with a claim undergoin and 0ncb! will get my ncb back tho at the end of the year when i win my claim! but insurance aint to bad with liverpool vic
thane

28th Nov 03 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try a feista zetec s. ford it maybe and not the quickest, its group 8 insurance, has a decent bodykit and wheels to start with and shouldnt cost the earth
dannycorsa c

28th Nov 03 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go on tesco online n do sum quotes on diff cars then ul have an idea ov what u can get!
moddedcorsa

29th Nov 03 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just cant decide!!

At the moment im between a 1.8 mk4 astra, pug 306 1.9 dturbo, corsa b 1.4 16v, and pug 106 quicksilver.

which should i go 4?
beattie17

29th Nov 03 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate am only 18 with a 1.2 8v and threw liverpool victoria am only £860 fc a year!!!!!! id go for the astra like!
moddedcorsa

29th Nov 03 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by beattie17
mate am only 18 with a 1.2 8v and threw liverpool victoria am only £860 fc a year!!!!!! id go for the astra like!

Im 18 at the mo with a 1.2 8v and im £1200 (mods declared, but not covered, ie back to std if i crash etc)

yeah fuck it i want the astra, rieger kit, 17"s -40mm, steiny grill, should look the bollocks! Just have to wait till next easter when im 19 and hoipefully have 1 yrs ncb, and a bit more ££ instead of getting a massive bank loan
moddedcorsa

29th Nov 03 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ps ure corsa is well nice beattie (i seen u at the cs falkirk meet at the start of last summer)
beattie17

29th Nov 03 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanx mate! am changin it for nxt year tho! so what u make of liverpool victoria?all my mod's declared aswell and covered and 3points and ive got no no-claims! am hope to put a 2.0 in it wen i turn 19
moddedcorsa

29th Nov 03 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow, thats well cheap compared to me. hopefully ill be able to afford insurance on a 1.8 astra then. either that or its a pug 306 d-turdo, ins grp 5

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help, What car next?? 24 database queries in 0.1135330 seconds