corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How hard to fit LEDS??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How hard to fit LEDS??
Valleyscorsa

User status: Offline
2nd Dec 03 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking bout getting some LEDS of cobra 148 for behind my speedo, how hard is it to do, any pics or a tutorial would be much appreciated, its for a corsa b 96 by the way,

Cheers, Jamie
cobra148

2nd Dec 03 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dials with rev counter, its a straight forward swap. Leds come ready fitted in bulb holders exactly like the original bulbs and simply plug straight in.

Dials without rev counter are a little more involved and may need a small ammount of soldering.

MFD is a simple plug and play swap.

Heater control panel is also now a simple plug in job depnding on the colour wanted.

Theres a tutorial on removing the MFD in FAQ's, I can do you a guide for the dials if needed.
Valleyscorsa

2nd Dec 03 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got a rev counter! its the de-assembling of the of the speedo housing thing im worried about, iv taken the surround of to spray but couldnt work out how to get behind the perspex and what to do after that, how much for speedo and MFD?? I want them in blue if possible, got some of ur green led sidelights, they are awesome

Cheers, Jamie
Greasemonkey

2nd Dec 03 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

undo the 3 screws holding the whole dash in reach behind and you will feel the speedo cable push the clip down and the cable shold pop off then pull the dash out, the bulbs just unscrew and you screw the new ones in, the bulds should be in green holders the rest black, its a pain clippin the speedo cable back in
Valleyscorsa

2nd Dec 03 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reach behind what?? Sorry, i just cant visualise wat ur saying!
Greasemonkey

2nd Dec 03 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the dash thats got all the speedo and rev counter in etc the bit with the perspex front, its held in with 3 screws and the speed cable.
Undo the 3 screws and the dials should be loose pull it out so you can reach behind it and feel for the speed cable which unclips
Valleyscorsa

2nd Dec 03 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got you! Cheers, having a bit of a mare 2day!!!
cobra148

2nd Dec 03 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you've taken the surround off to paint then your already halfway there.
Look at your dials and you will see a screw on each side holding them in place, remove both these screws.
There is a clip at the top of the perspex section, release this clip.
If your lucky and have dials with electronic speedo, the whole complete unit will now lift out from the dash.
If you have a cable fed speedo, you will need to release the cable to remove the dials. If this is the case, pull the dials out as far as you can, hopefully enough to allow your fingers behind. Feel for a bayonet type clip on the back of the speedo housing, this needs to be released to allow the dial housing to be removed.
When you do get the unit out, look on the back, theres 3 bulbs marked A B and C, they are usually green, but not always, you can see them in the pic below.
Simply twist the holder and the complete bulb and holder will come out. The replacement led and holder simply twists to lock in place.

cobra148

2nd Dec 03 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BTW, for dials and MFD you want 5 plug and play leds, cost is £7.75 post free.
Valleyscorsa

2nd Dec 03 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brilliant, ive got ur address from an old U2U so il send you the money 2morrow if thats okay, thanks for the pics by the way, much appreciated, il U2U to confirm the sending of payment,

Cheers, Jamie
NeilRocks

2nd Dec 03 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need bya address cobra
whitter45

2nd Dec 03 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not hard at all and cobra is the best man to deal with. Top guy, very quick on delivery and everything. Recommeneded to anyone. I have got the dash and mfd leds off him and my interior light. No problems what so ever
whitter45

2nd Dec 03 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in fact i have just bought some for the heater controls

New Poll