corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Speeding mistake

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speeding mistake
MikeH

User status: Offline
24th Dec 03 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A speeding fine just arrived through the door for my mum with what we are guessing is her company car.

The thing is, the registration no. of the car is wrong by 2 numbers and the letter has arrived at her local office when the adress they will have from the cars registration is her head office.

She checked her diary and wasn't in that area at the time.

Do you think she needs to worry about it at all?
Daimo B

24th Dec 03 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont sign it. If it went to court u'd win.
MikeH

24th Dec 03 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also the whole letter is a photocopy, i would have thought it would come on good paper and not just a copy.

MY other thought is its some kind of joke....
leafgreencorsa

24th Dec 03 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a wind-up otherwise it would have gone to the address on the registration document. Is the registration document actually in your mum's name? I would have expected it just to be in the name of the company. Also, if the registration number is not the same as the car then can't see how a fine could be levelled at her.
MikeH

24th Dec 03 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No it doesn't mention her name at all, its registered with the company.
leafgreencorsa

24th Dec 03 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got to be a wind-up then. If anyone in the office knows she's received it I'd pretend that it had been handed in to the police as it was thought to be fraudulent. Should make the guilty party a bit nervous!
broster
Premium Member

24th Dec 03 at 15:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B

but you can then get done for witholding info from the police, if you do take the "dont sign" option, make sure you get a solicitor to help you with it! it aint as easy to do as not signing it!
Black Corsa SRi

24th Dec 03 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B

but you can then get done for witholding info from the police, if you do take the "dont sign" option, make sure you get a solicitor to help you with it! it aint as easy to do as not signing it!

yeah if it was a real one which i seriously doubt it is it would be easier to just ignore it and say that you never recieved it if anything comes of it, which hopefully it wont as they will hoepfully just give up eventually, cause unless its registered post how can they prove you recieved it?

New Poll