corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car just broken in help needed(UPDATE)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car just broken in help needed(UPDATE)
Davido

User status: Offline
4th Jan 04 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sum bastard has peeled me door back n taken me stereo just wondering how much im looking at to have door sorted only slight fold n paint flaked right next to the bottom of the window, im with liverpool victoria insurance anyone any idea whats there policy on claiming for stereo equipment -excess?

dont really want to lose my full no claims over this??

[Edited on 06-01-2004 by daveyboyuk]
PaulW

4th Jan 04 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probs be cheaper sourcing another door from a scrappy than trying to repair the current one

unsure about the insurance cover on the stereo though
big eck

4th Jan 04 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to here that m8, theving scum, Not to sure on the insurance but I think you'll need a new door skin as its very hard to get a straight and smooth finish on a door.
LukeGSi

4th Jan 04 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

definatly a new door mate, u'll never get a proper smooth finish on that 1!! Fecking gypsy bastard!! Not sure on your insurance either tho although if it was me id prop just get another headunit and not say anything just incase your no-claims is affected!!
Davido

6th Jan 04 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE: my insurance is covered only 150 excess getting all the work done and got 500 quid now for a new head unit, get a curtesy car and also this company who the insurance use for the stereos come and fit my new stereo well chuffed even, best of it is dont lose any no claims and premium doesnt go up by even a penny .....
Davido

6th Jan 04 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do they usually fit a new door and also what you reckon they will do to the dash board (screwdriver damage)
Welsh Dan

6th Jan 04 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they won't do anything about the dashboard I wouldn't have thought. they never have in any of my previous cars
leni

6th Jan 04 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fixed mine myself! wasn't too bad tho but I just used a hammer and wacked it back into place and sprayed it ssoo much fun
drunkenfool

6th Jan 04 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you know if there is a maximum limit to the amount of stereo cover with liv vic? Im insured with them and will soon have about £2k worth of stereo in the car.
drunkenfool

6th Jan 04 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daveyboyuk
, best of it is dont lose any no claims and premium doesnt go up by even a penny .....

and how is this possible, or am i just being dumb? Sounds pretty good if its true!
Kris TD

6th Jan 04 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by leni
I fixed mine myself! wasn't too bad tho but I just used a hammer and wacked it back into place and sprayed it ssoo much fun

i fixed my accident damage, sod paying out a £300 excess i probably wouldnt have got back even though it wasnt my fault.
Born_corsa02

6th Jan 04 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All you have to do is wind the window down half way open said door put knee in middle of door car and pull the top of the door towards you. Then it'll just need paintin etc. would ave been alot cheaper
Paul83b

6th Jan 04 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine went in with a dented door and didnt have a new door skin not long ago... bent it str8. bit of filler. problem solved. smooth as a babys bum....
MJ

6th Jan 04 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my insurance starts with liv vic this week and they said that my sound system is insured for up to £500, but i am fully comp so it might be different if u are tpft
drunkenfool

6th Jan 04 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im F/C too, but it looks like i will need to do something about the ICE insurance!
Davido

6th Jan 04 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah im liv vic fully comp reason dont lose no claims cos no other car is involved plus on with mum n she has max no claims, guy came today from garage to take pics, he said ill get a new dash board and new door plus i get 500 for me new stereo
Mikorsa16v

6th Jan 04 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Born_corsa02
All you have to do is wind the window down half way open said door put knee in middle of door car and pull the top of the door towards you. Then it'll just need paintin etc. would ave been alot cheaper

well hes not paying for it for a start - insurance is, and how can you say this when you havent seen the damage?
Davido

6th Jan 04 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol well said mate end of day its shit sum cnut hasd broken in but for only 500 im getting brand new dash new door and 500 smackers for new stereo

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car just broken in help needed(UPDATE) 23 database queries in 0.0140359 seconds