corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Notice of Intended Prosecution

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Notice of Intended Prosecution
Darren

User status: Offline
   9th Jan 04 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically i got pulled for inconciderate driving, swapping lanes twice on a one way street on Saturday and recieved this by recorded delivery today, aswell as a form asking for details of the driver, although they got all these when they pulled me and cautioned me

"As directed by the Chief Constable you are given notice in accordance with Sections 1 & 2 of the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988 that it is intended to take proceedings against the driver of motor vehicle registration number * *** *** of which you are the registered owner, for inconciderate driving contrary to Section 3 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 at Ipswich on 3 January 2004 on the Grafton Way at 10.32pm."

What exactly does this mean?

Cheers

ONeil

9th Jan 04 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

means pay the fine and stop moaning
Dan B

9th Jan 04 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Swapping lanes (twice) on a one-way street? Errm, apart from swerving all over the road, what was the need to do this? Unless you were lost...

[Edited on 09/01/2004 by Dan B]
Darren

9th Jan 04 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1. There is no fine
2. I was following my mate who had just passed his test, i didnt wanna lose him + it wasnt swerving all over the road it was in about 2 miles worth of road.
broster
Premium Member

9th Jan 04 at 16:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if that was the case id argue it, from what u say dont seem like u were in the wrong?
Marc

9th Jan 04 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Section 3? Your fucked buddy, licence revoked for a Section 3

(imo of course )
A_Venables

9th Jan 04 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same ere, I'd argue it, I think you were just at the wrong place at the wrong time IMO
Darren

9th Jan 04 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well they are clamping down hard becuase of the number of complaints of ppl racing. he actually wrote down that i was not racing and i indicated and got flashed in both times i swapped lanes!! and the ppl that flashed me were my mates so they didnt give a toss that i pulled in so i really dnt see how it was inconciderate driving!! does anyone know how long it usally takes to go to court? i take it that ill have to contest it in court rather than at the police station?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Notice of Intended Prosecution 23 database queries in 0.2345729 seconds