corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » speaker cable

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author speaker cable
thekemp

User status: Offline
10th Feb 04 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when fitting comps into doors, how have you guys got new speaker wire into the doors?
or have you just connected the wire from the amp to the iso connector

cheers for any help!
rob_watti

10th Feb 04 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is very hard to do but its worth the hassle if u can get some decent wire through. in the iso connector there will be sum spare connections. Wot i did was drill the spare ones out and put my wire through there
thekemp

10th Feb 04 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do want some decent wire in there, i was thinking of adding another connector that goes across the door. kind of like the corsa's multi plug, drill a hole in the door and the body run it through that in a tube of rubber or the like.

anyone think that would be a good or bad idea?
rob_watti

10th Feb 04 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh that would be ok as long as it is water tight and paint in the hole where u drill to protect from corrosion
IntaCepta

10th Feb 04 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i managed to do this,

drilled the hole in the multiplug and threaded the cable thru the plug, it was a double 12gauge as well!!

took ages, was very tideous, but worth while the trouble imo.

I've also threaded another live thru the same hole for some leds in the speaker pods.
thekemp

11th Feb 04 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers, i think im gonna drill a hole, as i did see your garage pix intacepta and thought blues leds would look good in my speaker pods!

cheers!

New Poll