corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Question about what you should tell insurance...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Question about what you should tell insurance...
Adam-CorsaC18s

User status: Offline
25th Feb 04 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now Im pretty sure I know the answer to this, but...

If you have been on someone else's insurance (for example your dads policy as a second driver) and you have accidents on that policy, when you then come to start your own insurance and they ask if you have any claims or convictions, are you obliged to tell them about your accidents on the previous policy?
Now I believe that you are, but again I think a possibly loop around it is that its all in the wording of your quotee. For example if they ask if you if you have any accidents, obviously if you had, you would tell them, but if they asked if you had any claims or convictions, then would you be able to say no because you ACTUALLY HAVENT made any claims, the claim is made against the policy holder, hence them losing their no claims.

Im half way through my insurance policy now anyway and in the past ive been sure to tell them no matter how they asked me. I just wondered what other peoples thoughts on this are?!

Adam

Kerry

25th Feb 04 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no u havnt made any claims ure dad has thats the risk he took when he put u on his policy and paid the premium. the only way u lose out is by not aquiring ure own no claims bonus
Kerry

25th Feb 04 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but half the time insurance make thier own rules up so best thing is to just ask them really
Adam-CorsaC18s

25th Feb 04 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So from that I didnt really have to tell them about the accidents ive had when they asked me about my claims or convictions?
Paul H

25th Feb 04 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam-CorsaC18s
So from that I didnt really have to tell them about the accidents ive had when they asked me about my claims or convictions?
of course you have to tell them if your a named driver you are also responsible for the car.so if your driving and crash.the insurance company will still have you down as having the accident not your dad even though it's policy.
vibrio
Banned

25th Feb 04 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally I would not tell them
Kerry

25th Feb 04 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chewbaccaman
quote:
Originally posted by Adam-CorsaC18s
of course you have to tell them if your a named driver you are also responsible for the car.so if your driving and crash.the insurance company will still have you down as having the accident not your dad even though it's policy.

wot about if the car is stolen while he is out in it not his dad
Paul H

25th Feb 04 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats different.
Kerry

25th Feb 04 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it doesnt matter wot way u look at it though. they ask if he has made any claims of which he hasnt so he has every right to say no surely
Paul H

25th Feb 04 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i see where your coming from and technically your right.but you know what insurance companys are like
Adam-CorsaC18s

25th Feb 04 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chewbaccamanof course you have to tell them if your a named driver you are also responsible for the car.so if your driving and crash.the insurance company will still have you down as having the accident not your dad even though it's policy.

Yeah I have to tell them if they ask about accidents - cause I have had, but like I said, if they ask about any claims - I haven't made any! Do ya get what I'm saying?
So if I crash its down as me, but im not the one making the claim. They have to speak to the policy holder to process everything. Therefore Im out of that picture as soon as the policy holder speaks to them.
Kerry

25th Feb 04 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know a bloke whos son was on his ins and he had a bad accident of which someone was left in a wheelchair for life so was a big claim

the son went on to get his own ins no probs but the father had a lot of problems. he even tried writin letters explaining it was his son not him but it didnt get him anywhere
Adam-CorsaC18s

25th Feb 04 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im in two minds whether to try it out next time I go for my insurance renewal (which isnt till July)
Kerry

25th Feb 04 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ring a company u wouldnt really use and just ask them if u have to declare it or not
Paul H

25th Feb 04 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hang on a minute i just had a thought when i worked for avis i stuffed 2 cars and that didn't affect my own insurance so in theory should be same don't you think???
Adam-CorsaC18s

25th Feb 04 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, yeah, I'd have thought that was exactly the same - named driver on Mr/Company X's policy.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Question about what you should tell insurance... 23 database queries in 0.0134990 seconds