corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » To Strip Or Not To Strip

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author To Strip Or Not To Strip
ninjauk

User status: Offline
24th Feb 04 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you should stick 15's on then sell me your 17's
Greasemonkey

24th Feb 04 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol 2 of my 17's are only 2 weeks old and done 10miles they are mint, i never have more than my girlfriend in my car i dont tend to drive cos i like to drink lol, think i might just have to lose th einterior me thinks, only problem i i love my ice, i got a sub box and 2 x 800w pioneer subs in the boot which way as much as a person dont wanna lose my tunes.
Only solution is to tune me engine enough to over come the weight hehe
broster
Premium Member

25th Feb 04 at 12:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha, nah ull get bored of the tunes soon, i did, slowly cutting down on them, went from 2x12" vibe subs and 3 amps, to 1x vibe active 12" box and 1 amp, next itll be 1 amp, front door speaker, and oh, where have my seats gone!
Andy

25th Feb 04 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strip it - it will improve not only acceleration, but handling and braking too. And ditch those 17s for some lightweight 15s
Greasemonkey

25th Feb 04 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah been thinkin about this allot lately, i am really likeing speedlines they are 16's i think, or should i go smaller, plus i will be lucky to find a set
Andy

25th Feb 04 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U can get hold of lightweight Team Dynamic Pro Race 1s for around £360 per set if you order direct. 5.5kgs per rim
Greasemonkey

25th Feb 04 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mmmmmhhhh, thats a good price, only thing is i am saving for TB's and a Hoilday with the missus so i will have to look into it after summer, i got some 15's at home i will stick them on and see what they are like, could just get em re-furbed cos they are totally knackered
broster
Premium Member

25th Feb 04 at 13:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i think u should strip it when u get the tb's mate! would be a waste if u didnt lol
Nath

25th Feb 04 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been contemplating doing this to mine for ages. Thing is i also like my tunes. I have one 12" sub and a small JL amp so i could maybe build a floor around them or something. I dont care about passengers, means i'll drive less most probably as i'm usually the taxi

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll