corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Engine oil.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine oil.
mike_1.2LS96

User status: Offline
15th Mar 04 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mistdotcom
went out in car today and went round a roundabout quite quickly, and the oil light came on briefly, so i did it again to make sure i wasnt just seeing things, and it came on again, got the car home and checked the oil and i had bout 5mm on the end of the dip stick, i put new oil in bout september time.

Where has it gone? Theres no smoke, no obvious leak, no smoke on gear change.

I think i used 10W 40 last time.

Yup, happens with mine. Light never comes on normally, just round this one roundabout, every friday when its dry.

Have topped mine up with a litre but haven't changed the oil and had it for 6000miles. Its leaking a bit out of the head. I should really get it sorted

[Edited on 15-03-2004 by mike_1.2LS96]
Mistamist

15th Mar 04 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to Vaux today to get a couple of clips, while i was there i asked them which oil should i be using, they tell me 10w 40 semi synthetic is this what everyone else uses?
DanielJ

15th Mar 04 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

15 40 in mine
Fad

15th Mar 04 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should be 10/40 used it in my 1.4 16v james (jr) used it in his old 1.2 8v and i use it in my 20xe i think 15/40 is a cheaper alternative mainly for older engines that need a thicker viscouty (sp?)
Gambit

15th Mar 04 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

use 15/40

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Engine oil. 23 database queries in 0.0134561 seconds