corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » TCP/IP Stream Analysing

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author TCP/IP Stream Analysing
Cavey

User status: Offline
19th Mar 04 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know this is a long shot... BUT...

I don't suppose anyone knows how to Analyse a TCP/IP Stream and why the numbers are the number that they are?

(Yes it is complete and utter bollox)
Tim
Site Administrator

19th Mar 04 at 14:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which numbers in the headers are you talking about?

It's not a long shot with the number of network admins on this site
Cavey

19th Mar 04 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair point, well i need to know why things like the Time to Live, Acknowledgement Number etc...etc.. are the values they are and not something else.

I can work out a few of them, ID, IP's etc..etc..

(it's for a uni assignemtn btw)
Tim
Site Administrator

19th Mar 04 at 14:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TTL is related to how many hops the packet made... TTL of a ping of 128 for example would mean the host is on the same network... if you send out a packet with too low a TTL, then if it makes too many hops it will be dropped. Stops routing loops basically...

Ack number is the number returned by the ACK packet (receipt of packet)... i.e. the number to send back to acknowledge receipt of the data packet by the recipient...

[Edited on 19-03-2004 by Tim]
Cavey

19th Mar 04 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, makes sense i guess

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » TCP/IP Stream Analysing 23 database queries in 0.0055621 seconds