corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Adrian Flux + mods

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Adrian Flux + mods
Bill_corsa_1.2

User status: Offline
24th Mar 04 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alright lads (+ girls)

Ive got a corsa B that is pretty standard at the moment. Im insured with adrian flux, through a company caled NIG and when i took up the policy, they told me they wouldnt insure me with any mods ( namely alloy wheels) until i am 19, because this apparently makes me a higher risk driver. Of course, i dont want to be drivin round on steels for the next year, so im after gettin some alloys, but i wana be fully legit.
I reckon that if i declare fitting the alloys, they should be ok, cos technically, fitting the wheels wont make me any more dangerous than i already am. However, the flipside of this is that if i decalre wanting to fit them, they may then say that they cant insure me with the wheels, but now they know that i am a 'modifier', they want more money because i am higher risk.

does anyone know what stance adrian flux will take in this situation, and if there is any period that must expire before them allowing me to update the policy etc.
Any advice/ help will be much appreciated here, cos i dont want to shoot myself in the foot, but neither do i want to drive a car on 13Inch biscuit trays for a year.
thanx for your time,
bill
Marc

24th Mar 04 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Youve already said they wont allow it until your 19
ed

24th Mar 04 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell them to G T F and go to a different insurer, there are plenty of insurers which will let you have alloys on your car. I think that you can cancel an insurance policy at any time...
Adam_B

24th Mar 04 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they will either charge u loads or cancel the policy, im with NIG also but im over 19.
KingBling

24th Mar 04 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im wiv em 2,all mods declared,well part from wots bin done now,shall b leavin them wen it runs out n goin elsewhere
Marc

24th Mar 04 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my 2k went elsewhere

Bill_corsa_1.2

24th Mar 04 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought that would be the case. o well. you try to do things all legally, and you get shafted up the arse, as usual. looks like im on steels for a while then.
orange_juice

24th Mar 04 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adrian Flux are just the broker and the problem is probably due to NIG.... I don't think they will budge until your 19. if your willing to give up your xxmonths no claims since the policy started you can just change company through Adrian Flux or otherwise and get insured with someone who will let you mod your can now..........
LukeGSi

24th Mar 04 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

adrian flux quotes are good but service is wank!! Just thought id share that with you all
Bill_corsa_1.2

24th Mar 04 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah. the policy i got was quite cheap compared to other companies, and i cant really afford to change it now so il ave to stay with nig. there might be more hope next year, when im 18, 1 years ncb, past test and pass plus. hopefully.
i need to change my wheels anyway cos they are different sizes so i may get some standard corsa alloys. thanx anyway guys,
bill
ed

24th Mar 04 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get some Vaux Corsa C alloys, they look pretty nice, and I'm guessing you could get away with saying they're standerd?
Bill_corsa_1.2

24th Mar 04 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good solution mate. if it were ever necasary to explain to the insurance company why ive got non standard alloys, i could say i went to a scrap yard and asked for some wheels to fit a corsa to replace my faulty ones, and was given these , that are apparently off a corsa C

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Adrian Flux + mods 23 database queries in 0.0108900 seconds