corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » exporting a car?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author exporting a car?
koolkorsa

User status: Offline
31st Mar 04 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a couple of people from Spain and Greece saying they want to buy the mini i'm selling. They seem 100% genuine. And are asking for bank details already to transfer the money in (not even trying to bargain) and say the shipping company will come and collect the car as soon as money has gone through.

Just wondering - what complications exporting the car might have? What do i tell the dvla etc. What formalities have to be gone through. Cheers.
DangerousDave16v

31st Mar 04 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have thought it was up to the new owners to re-reg and pay duty??
Half Pint

31st Mar 04 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do they have to pay duty for exporting from the Uk to their home country, propably only our poxey goverment that charges import duty
Gambit

31st Mar 04 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have nothing to worry about, its them that has to sort everything out for importing to their country. you jsut inform the DVLA its being exported

once they put the money in your account then just let them take the car and that its sold!

[Edited on 31-03-2004 by Gambit]
Gambit

31st Mar 04 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/exptimpt.htm#Exports
koolkorsa

31st Mar 04 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite. I guess there's no import duties for them because its within the EU.
nickyboy01

31st Mar 04 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As long as its a bank transfer then its ok but be aware there is fraudsters out there who target people selling cars and claim they go abroad like they have told you. The money is transfered but is then claimed back as it is stolen or something, by the time this happens the car is gone.

BE VERY AWARE
koolkorsa

31st Mar 04 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i take the money out of my account before i had over the mini, then surely they gonna struggle to get it back! especially if i print out emails etc...

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » exporting a car? 23 database queries in 0.0113130 seconds