corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » how do you use spring compressors??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how do you use spring compressors??
BabyBlade

User status: Offline
13th Apr 04 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lowered the back ok but had trouble when come to the fronts

tbh i was pushed for time and was well rushing it which didnt help but...

i got the spring off ok and when i cudnt compress my eibach springs enough to go on my koni damper

i cud compress the one side of the spring which made it more of a c shape and whn i went to compress the other side it kept sliding down the spring and was well dangerous?

any tips as taking them off the car is a peice of piss! just changing the springs over is causing me trouble
modded_corsa

13th Apr 04 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

use three spring compressors

arrange them around the spring in a triangular formation

tighten them so they compress the spring evenly...dnt do one compressor all the way then go onto the ext one as this will cause the compressor to slip down/off th spring and make it dangerous if if decides to shoot off

this should work i think

p.s. dnt rush

[Edited on 13-04-2004 by modded_corsa]
TOMAS

13th Apr 04 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

noo bit by bit on each compressor. Claming down one really tight then doing the others is real dangerous! How many compressors do you have? I got the ones from machine mart for around £25 and it has 3, real good and no problems.

Also try and 'prime' the damper before use, i.e pump it fully up and fully down a few times before fitment.
BabyBlade

13th Apr 04 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i only got two

will give it a shot nxt weekend when i got loadzzzzzzzzzzz of time

Thanks guys bit by bit then

New Poll