corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Rubbing Sound From Left Rear

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rubbing Sound From Left Rear
Mike2k111

User status: Offline
14th Apr 04 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive started noticing like a rubbing/scraping noise coming from the left rear when i brake lightly. It sounds kind of like the drum is rubbing on somthing. I had to change the brake cylinder on that side not long ago so i thought at first that i mite not av re-set the handbrake properly or got summit inside the drum like a stone or sumthing when i put it back on but ive checked and everything seems ok..Ive tried leavin it awhile to see if it goes when its wet but the sounds still there and ive tried braking hard to try and let it adjust itself but can still hear it....i dont think its affectin braking or nethin but kind of annoyin and wonderin what it is :S:S any ideas?
corsa_godfather

14th Apr 04 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it not ur wheel rubbing arch?
Mike2k111

14th Apr 04 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

na im pretty sure its not that, i checked that 1st incase but looks clear and it passed an MOT and i told them of the sound. When it came back the sound had gone for a few weeks but its come back again jus tryin to find out if its summit serious or if its summit easy to solve..thanx for the suggestion
mike_1.2LS96

14th Apr 04 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine did that on and off. Got some new drums/shoes/bearings and its sorted. Pretty sure it was just the shoes. The whole lot cost about £60
Mike2k111

14th Apr 04 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanx i thought it mite have sumthing to do with the shoes or the drum. Aslong as its nothin serious, i should be changin um sooon neway coz the front discs needed doin too

New Poll