corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » diddy subs???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author diddy subs???
AdiSRI

User status: Offline
29th Mar 04 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Currently i run 6.5" components in the front, 6x9's in rear shelf and a JL 12W3V2 sub in the boot.
The 12" sub doesnt seem to like high sub bass so much, say 80- 150 Hz, ans i have been considering getting rid of the 6x9's and building two of these:

JL 6W0

or

JL 8W0

into the rear quarters. They show a 4 ohm load to the amp and require 75w RMS each, my 4 channel amp delivers 80w RMS x 4 and i can set the crossovers on the rear channels to work with these subs.

Set up this way the 12" wud handle up to say 60Hz, the small subs 60 - 150Hz and the comps 150 + Hz

Has anyone done this and would it sound any good????

[Edited on 29-03-2004 by AdiSRI]
mwg

29th Mar 04 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I havent done it but it would work quite well I would have thought. If u went for 6" subs u could put them in the passenger footwell to bring the bass upfront a bit more? Ive seen it done in Total Car Audio looks good
AdiSRI

29th Mar 04 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont want them in the front, and want one either side in order to run of the 2 free channels on amp.
Jill
Premium Member

30th Mar 04 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got the 8WO in my front doors and they sound ok. But when I get motivated they will be coming out and being relocated somewhere else... The sound quality is ok- but if u were going to put the in the front (I know ur not) definitely get a set of tweeters too cos otherwise they're too bassy.

JILL
Jill
Premium Member

30th Mar 04 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and here's a pic for ya:

JILL
AdiSRI

30th Mar 04 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would you reccomend them gill??

im planningon running focal polykevlar front comps in front, these in rear cards and the 12W3V2 in the boot??
Jill
Premium Member

2nd Apr 04 at 13:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdiSRI
would you reccomend them gill??

Firstly I'd recommend you spelling my name correctly!

Seriously tho- yeah I'd rate them. Thats why I *might* be hanging onto them when we eventually start my install... Even if they don't match the rest of the install Mine are powered by an amp also if that helps.

JILL
AdiSRI

4th Apr 04 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry JILL lol

im thinking of going with 6w0's as they dont need such a big enclosure. how have u fitted them into the doors i take it they arent enlosed properly?>??
Jill
Premium Member

8th Apr 04 at 18:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
sorry JILL lol

im thinking of going with 6w0's as they dont need such a big enclosure. how have u fitted them into the doors i take it they arent enlosed properly?>??

Harsh!

First you don't spell my name properly AND THEN you say that they're not fitted properly *tut tut*

Look at the size of the door builds in my car fella.... Now tell me they're the wrong size And if you don't believe me you are most welcome to come and listen to them

JILL
oztek astra

8th Apr 04 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

y did u say not to run subs in the front? they look pretty good to me!
AdiSRI

8th Apr 04 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK, you win LOL

The builds do seem quite big, do your leccy window buttons rattle??
The reccomended size for enclosure for 8w0's is like 10.6 litres, which is a bloody big thing to fit in a door!
Jill
Premium Member

12th Apr 04 at 16:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah mate the leccy windows are fine- honest! If you do want to hear mine before you do anything about getting urs/making ur mind up etc ur completely welcome to hear mine.

JILL
AdiSRI

12th Apr 04 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

be good, are u going to be at any shows etc... soonish?
Jill
Premium Member

21st Apr 04 at 15:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
OK, you win LOL

The builds do seem quite big, do your leccy window buttons rattle??
The reccomended size for enclosure for 8w0's is like 10.6 litres, which is a bloody big thing to fit in a door!

Oh I've just found my JL box and it say for the 8WO the recommended size is 8.5-17 litres, if that thelps?? I think mine are done to just over 8.5 and they sound fine.

Yeah I'm going to PVS next, providing my ICE is on the move
*note to self- must get motivated and books a couple of days off work :lol *

JILL
AdiSRI

21st Apr 04 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill be at PVS aswell so ill have a look/listen then if u dont mind.

New Poll