corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Hello

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hello
wassup2002

User status: Offline
2nd May 04 at 02:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello, havent been on here for about a year now.

Ive got a 1993 mark 3 ford fiesta, im 17 (18 on may 11th) its my first car, all be it i havent passed, but im almost there, just gotta book my theory then i can book my test. Ive had the car since october and used it to learn in and practice down back roads. ive lowered it about 60mm all round on 15" alloys,it had clear rears, RS interior,rage backbox, and a load of ice, anyway it got damaged and ive put it back to standard again now, its still lowered and has its alloys but thats it. it needs welding underneath for mot, lower arms, and the overall paintwork is crap, i paid cheap for it. Fiestas though, they rot like anything they minds aswell not have paint on the metal, both the sills have gone, back arches, fuel cap, front and rear valances, its only done 76,000. it needs a new wing and drivers door painting (had a bump) but ive been offered £350 for it so i think ill get rid.

RIght now to the point of this post, im thinking about getting a corsa.
Ive always liked corsas since before i got the fiesta. i fancied a black SRi 1.4.

What is the insurance like on one? if i had it my mothers name ( i know its pointless but i never understand paying 2 grand for insurance).

What are they like to modify and to work on? ill probably fit a backbox, lower it, stick some alloys on it, maybe change rear clusters, and put my stereo and stuff out the fez into it. do they need to go into the garage for stuff like lowering? the fiesta was easy took me half an hour to change springs, unbolt at the top and in the hub spring compressor,undo 19mm nut old spring off new one on hey presto.

Also what are they like performance wise? how quick do they go, what are they like on fuel? this fiesta is a 1.1, it rattles like hell (HCS engine ,tappetts)

is there any things i should look out for if i go to buy one, any sort of mileage area i need to avoid, anything i need to check has been changed like cambelts and stuff.

im a 1001 questions and by the time ive submitted this ill think of more!

if theres anything i should know or you have any answers id be grateful, sorry for long winded post
Russ

2nd May 04 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

insurance - higishh at 18. (group 5/5a)
what are they like to work on - easy
do they need to be garaged to be lowered - not unless ur an invilid
performance - 16v lookin at 10ish to 60 8v 11ish?
fuel - 100 miles to a tenner if u behave

as for they last things about buying 1, i dunno

[Edited on 02-05-2004 by RussSxi]
wassup2002

2nd May 04 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks, i just got a quote on eaglestar.co.uk, under my mothers name, fully protected NCB and fully comprehensive it was £421.00 exactly, with green flag roadside assistance it was £488.00.this is for a 1994 corsa SRi. for some reason when i did it on my 1.1 fiesta it came ro £671.00 i checked over what u had put in and its definately correct and ive been quoted £421. pretty pleased!
Russ

2nd May 04 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get it in ur own name
Fraser Young

2nd May 04 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^as above unless u wanna be driving a 1.4 until u 30... lol Is really worth the extra expense jusnow...

[Edited on 02-05-2004 by Fwaza esquire]
wassup2002

2nd May 04 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its about £1500 in my own name, anyone know the cheapest insurance companys?
LukeGSi

2nd May 04 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try elephant.co.uk, HIC, adrian flux (good quotes but shit service) liverpool victoria
kirstycorsa

2nd May 04 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey! I got insurance in my own name, its def worth it. i've nearly built up 1 years no claims so it'll be interesting to see how much it goes down - if any!?!?!?

At the minute im paying £1600 for third party fire & theft on a 1 litre!
Prettie shit! Stupid northern ireland 4 ya!
Fraser Young

2nd May 04 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^farkin ell! I'm 900 quid on a gsi at 18 an 0ncb... thats with admiral...

http://www.confused.com/ great website searches loads for u all at once

[Edited on 02-05-2004 by Fwaza esquire]
wassup2002

2nd May 04 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks a lot , really helpful ill do a few quotes.
So would you say the build quality of a corsa is better than a fiesta?. Its stupid how fiestas can rot so easy, has anyone ever owned one? even the newer mk6s have crap build quality from what ive heard

Thanks again!
wassup2002

2nd May 04 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheapest i got was £1500 for a corsa SRi ,1994, 18 yrs old male with no ncb. TPFT, is that good or could i get better.
Rebrabuk

3rd May 04 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

20 yrs old, 0 ncb, Pass Plus certificate, 94 Sri 8v, £1200 tpft

wassup2002

3rd May 04 at 05:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pathetic really, i can ride a 125cc motorcycle that would beat most cars to 70mph and my inusrance is
£249 on a bike, £1500 seems a lot of money , after a year of it being in my name is it really much cheaper the next year round?
Rebrabuk

3rd May 04 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, i got my insurance last October. If i do a quote for it now and say that i've got 1 ncb, it comes to £900 which is a 25% reduction!

So when it comes to renewal this October, i'm expecting to save approx £300 although it depends if the rates change etc.

[Edited on 03-05-2004 by Rebrabuk]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Hello 24 database queries in 0.0245750 seconds