corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Grey Bumpers - Peanut Oil?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Grey Bumpers - Peanut Oil?
andy2004

User status: Offline
18th May 04 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to sell my car soon so I want it looking its best. The only problem is that the bumpers have turned grey with age. I have tried back to black but it is useless. A friend has told me that peanut oil will do the trick. What is the best way of turning my bumpers black again?
Demo

18th May 04 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hot air gun is the best way but you gotta be careful not to melt the plastic

meguiars trim detailer is also good. similar to autogylm bumper polish

only thing about these polishes is that you gotta do it every few days to get it to work properly. and the first time you do it, its pretty hard to get looking tidy
andy2004

18th May 04 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds good. So I just get the hot air gun on it and it will get rid of the grey. the only problem is that i have a red (now faded to orange) stripe along the bumper and dont know how that will hold up to the hot air. i have never seen this stripe on another corsa, Is this a standard thing? the car is a 94M SRi

New Poll