corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Front splitter and 17" advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Front splitter and 17" advice
H13X JW

User status: Offline
   29th May 04 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alrite, I've got a '93 SRi with the facelift bumpers and all colour coded. When i was preping the bumper i ripped the rubber splitter on the front so i'm wonderin wat you lot would recomend as a nice splitter. The type i'm after are off standard cars E.g. A renult laguna (Are these difficult to fit????)

Also i do want to put a set of 17s on when i finally raise the funds, wat would you lot recomend? i was lookin at a set of wolfrace ikon +'s, any pics wud really help. Cheers

[Edited on 29-05-2004 by H13X JW]
mav

29th May 04 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seat cordoba splitter........best in my opinion..rare as well...............
17's what ever takes your fancy...Make sure ET45-49 though..

better with 16's if no kit.........handlong etc 100x better too.
H13X JW

29th May 04 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks klass How much work was it to get it to fit cos the corsa must be a big size difference to the seat? Also if you don't mind me askin m8 how much did this cost you (i assume it's your car :boggle from the seat dealers? I was goin to go for 16's but for the price you pay you can get 17's and the 16" tyres are about the same price.
mav

29th May 04 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was my car..Sold it a few months back.. Bought splitter from Icy, but about £20 fae seat.

Took a bit of time to fit..Cutting both parts in middle and edges but not too difficult..Just need patience and time. More pics in garage m8..

Corsas will always run better on 16's. No tramlining etc..But 17's for looks alone...........yeah not much difference in prices though...

[Edited on 29-05-2004 by mav]
H13X JW

29th May 04 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers m8, when you are measuring the splitter to fit on the corsa did you just hold it underneath the car and measure from there? Also how did you re-bond the joining pieces together without making cuts visable? I could really do with some sort of guide for this so if anyone has one????
mav

29th May 04 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just held it to car and measured..But didn't cut too much off at any one time...

Once I had the size about right..Done one side at a time as it's in 2 pieces..Even drove about for a bit with onlt 1 side on

Can screw the side on..edge of bumper..there is small lugs on this splitter that if you cut down go into original holes from OE rubber splitter..Once one side on and secure done other side...Bonded from back also to make it really secure.. Used a bit of splitter that was cut off to cover join in the middle. Bent it round shape of splitter and screwed through.

Hope this helps a bit..Hard to explain..Took me a while to get it all fitted up correctly and securely.. A bit trial and error at the start...
mav

29th May 04 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can see the bit in the middle i used to cover join in this pic..

H13X JW

29th May 04 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

much appreciated m8 hopefully i will be able to giv this ago as i've got some time off now from uni to attempt it. Thanx again
mav

29th May 04 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no bother m8

New Poll