corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fuel cap & leather re-trims/interior replacements

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fuel cap & leather re-trims/interior replacements
ToTaLkHaOs

User status: Offline
   3rd Jun 04 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey all, can someone give me sum info regarding fuel caps for the corsa B, im after an actual locking one like the one in the Haynes Maxpower Corsa guide which basically needs a little bodywork but looks sweet. Its a dimma style one but dimmas cap seems to only provide the one that screws on the top. or can sum1 enlighten me Prices and places would be a help. Searched thru loadsa sites but there aint that much info available and bluddeh Dimmas phone numbers dont work fer sum reason so i cant research those.
One last thing, i need some recommendations for a leather re-trim. Anyone had a good quality one done?
Cheers all
modded_corsa

3rd Jun 04 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for the fuel cap

get a sparco one...i fink its sparco......99quid from carnoisuer....speak to carnoiseurcraig (sp?)

they come with 2 keys.....the cap...and a thing wot fits into your fuel filler hole...and you attach this block in with rivets...or filler n fibreglass.....and tjust get ur cap...and its locks on
ToTaLkHaOs

3rd Jun 04 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh u mean this one?
http://www.motor-world.co.uk/kroozin/show_prod.php?prod_id=4240
Im after one similar in functionality etc. but looking a bit like: http://www.dimmasales.co.uk/
Cheers for reply tho modded
deanmcreynolds26

3rd Jun 04 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for the fuel cap get the lip cut off and have a smoothy! i dont, like any aftermarket fuel caps unless ur putting a bike one in place and relocating it in the b pillar
modded_corsa

3rd Jun 04 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ToTaLkHaOs
Yeh u mean this one?
http://www.motor-world.co.uk/kroozin/show_prod.php?prod_id=4240
Im after one similar in functionality etc. but looking a bit like: http://www.dimmasales.co.uk/
Cheers for reply tho modded

thats the actual cap...its a replacement...which means its for if you lsoe the keys etc....or the lock nacks up...

thers a full spraco kit....includes an adapter piece....the cap...and sum keys.....with sum kind of bonding agent for the adapter piece to sit nice and flush in the fuel filler hole
BeArDy

3rd Jun 04 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heres what u mean, i have one, i have smoothed the lip out which the cap gives u so u have a total flush body.
when i was buying mine i was told Sparco had stoped making them all together (told this by a mate in the trade) i had to go to PVD and get mine BUT i ordered Oct 03 and it came March 04.
i dont know anywhere else what makes the casting for the caps, as the caps u can buy from loads of places.

ToTaLkHaOs

4th Jun 04 at 03:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh Beardy, thats the one. hmmm such a long wait tho.. darn.. running outta time fer MaxP. lol not fit a feature in before then ;P maybe ill hafta make do with a temporary Dimma splat over then :/ Anyway thanks guys. now onto leather retrims.. anyone any recomendations?

New Poll