corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » SPEEDO BULBS

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author SPEEDO BULBS
Shane1.4sri

User status: Offline
3rd Jun 04 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got some new glowy green bulbs for behind my spedo etc. was wondering how to install them, do i have to take the steering wheel off?! any wires to mess about with etc?! im a bit of a dumbass and a bit nervous about messing about with it.
any1 help!?!
mike_1.2LS96

3rd Jun 04 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The clocks can be removed without taking the wheel off, they just have a multi-plug behind them and push on cable.
Black Corsa SRi

3rd Jun 04 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah all u gotta do is remove the shroud from around the steering column itself. Comes off in 2 pieces one from top and one from bottom and has about 3 or 4 screws, if i remember rightly u have put the wheel to right lock and remove one, then left lock to remove another, these two have smoove grommits over them, then two from the bottom pannel also and you have to mess around with steering wheel postions to get the shroud out but it comes away ok. U also have to remove the sun screen/light shield thingy from round around the dials, the plastic half mooon thing, cant remember how many screws or where they are but its really easy. If yours is a corsa B sri like mine then it'll prob ave a cable driven speedo, the cable for this is a tight fit when u come to remove the dials themselves the haynes manual says u gotta disconnect the cable form the engine side but u can do it from the dial side with a bit of messing; i did! The bulbs u wonna replace i think are A B and C, u'll know what i mean when u look at back of dials, its either that or 1 2 and 3, the bulbs for hanbrake lights etc are numbered i think and the acutal speedo and rev counter illumination ones are lettered ABC. Or somethng likethat u'll work it out, there are 3 anyway. It a long time since i did this but hope this helps! LOL
Shane1.4sri

3rd Jun 04 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for that ill try it in the nxt few days, ill try not to break anything! :S
Shane1.4sri

4th Jun 04 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

taking it out was a piece of cake, but the prick i bought the bulbs off give me the wrong size, i jus put it all back in, it took me fookin ages! do u remember having any problems clippin the cable back onto the speedo?! pure hassle!
all the stress and the bulbs didnt even fit
Black Corsa SRi

4th Jun 04 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i remember it was a right pain to do that! LOL is cause the cable is so short i think! i remember the whole job took me ages too! LOL

[Edited on 04-06-2004 by Black Corsa SRi]
mike_1.2LS96

4th Jun 04 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The gearbox cable part is tough too, end up cutting your fingers to bits, and arm cos you go thru the battery tray

New Poll