corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » top ten

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author top ten
Nismo

User status: Offline
4th Jun 04 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andy Stocker
Think the worst has to have been in Skyline.
Was doing about 80 back along the M25 from Southend, pissing down with rain when I saw something approaching quickly on the outside lane, so at 80mph I decided to drop to third.
Dropped into 3rd planted foot & good 'ol RWD sent me left, then right etc all over the shot.
Scary thing was i was in the middle lane & was going sideways back & forth so much I nearly hit the lorry in the slow lane & the car i was gonna race on the outside lane.
OJC's mate was holding on for dear life, luckily it straightened up & we pootled home at 60mph, until a Cossie came past anyways

this happened to me , now any motorway thats wet i drive on the inside lane at 60 -70
Andy Stocker

4th Jun 04 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only admitted to Ollies mate that I basically closed my eyes & prayed that we wouldn't die once we got back to mine
3CorsaMeal

4th Jun 04 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i sat down on a wet toilet seat and lifted my left leg up, this resulted in sending me sideways, until i gripped the bog roll holder and sorted things out..

always wipe the seat now..
Nismo

4th Jun 04 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I only admitted to Ollies mate that I basically closed my eyes & prayed that we wouldn't die once we got back to mine

yeah you just act cool yeah i meant to do that , planned it all just to scare you

RichiesCorsa

4th Jun 04 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

few o mine:

1. driving at 120mph in ma dads veccy wi the L plates on it - the look on his face!

2. just got the corsa on the road and first time i'd got to drive it so me n mate take it up the road to show it off. cruising the streets wi the windows down then ma m8 in his fiesta zetec wants a race. so went out to quiet b road and razzed it along there 100mph+, forgot to put windows up so it was a bit windy and hadny screwed the speakers in the parcel shelf and they kept jumpin out!

3. deep snow so put ma dads wheels on my cars, 15's wi 195/65 tyres!! up to remote car park for some drifitng action, while laffing at ma m8 who got stuck in his nova and cudnt move anywhere!

4. another snow story. bn out cruising and coming home. roads had been cleared so was sitting at 60mph, came round corner and road was covered in drifts of snow from field at side of the road! dipped the clutch and hoped for the best!

5. out with m8s in another town and this guy is followin me in a mazda 323 fastback. i went into a car park to turn and he turns at the entrance. came out onto the road and hes drivin along at 10mph tryin to tempt me to race. i drop back from him a bit, dump it to first and boot it past him before he knows whats happened!

6. headin into dundee along a90, sittin at 90mph and not noticing the big polis beemer sitting up a country track at the side of the road. bugger!

not had many scary moments thankfully, but iv no even been drivin a year yet.

Andy Stocker

4th Jun 04 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
quote:

yeah you just act cool yeah i meant to do that , planned it all just to scare you

Exactly what i did, hands off the steering wheel behind me head, smirk on me face, feet on the dash whilst smoking a cigar & drinking a glass of brandy
He didnt suspect a thing

3CorsaMeal

4th Jun 04 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

o how u lie
Andy Stocker

4th Jun 04 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can tell? Dammit
James_DT

4th Jun 04 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't have 10. .
1. My 306 going in a straight line while the steering was on a full lock to the right.
2. 80 down the A17, only to find just round the corner the traffic was completely stationary.
DAYZEE

4th Jun 04 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The funniest moment for me was when I spun my RST on a big roundabout near welwyn, went round 180 degrees and came to rest facing the wrong way with a queue of traffic all looking at me and shaking their heads disapprovingly!!
I think I won them over with the quick J turn I performed and shot off!!.

Oh and the police yelling at me for not pulling over for 0.6 miles at 100mph.
vibrio
Banned

4th Jun 04 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam Kindness
and then there are so many more.....

Blowing the corsa up at knockhill
Blowing the supra up
Blowing the other supra up
Handbraking into a wall
Icy getting busted in my car
Me and Ross getting passed by teh filth at 105 in my corsa
Ross chasing mercs
Nearly crashing the skyline into the back of a fuckin twat MPV after picking it up
Breaking down on a golfcourse, with the engine hanging out
Breaking down on the beach in a curt car
Bursting a mates scooby tyre after nailing it in a forest
THE PANDA

I was kidnapped officer
Ojc

4th Jun 04 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Racing a 106 GTi off a series of traffic lights in Camberley in my Corsa GSi and staying with it
Staying with a Clio 172 on the M25 in my GT
Ragging the shite out of my first Nova SR just before I sold it, it loved abuse
The handling on my SXi (How I miss that )
Racing M6ONG all the way home from Brighton when it was a 1.4 8v (125 mile trip)
Driving at 50mph on the motorway on the way home from Southend and seeing Stocker driving back from Kent
Watford Cruise in the summer of 2001
Guildford Cruise in the summer of 2001
Doing 135mph on a 2 mile long stretch of runway at the Corsa V Saxo day and not having to worry about Police cars
Beating a 1.0 12v Corsa on my 50cc race bike
Driving down to Southend in my GSi with Lee Mitchell (me thinking his car was still a 1.4 SPi) and coming off a roundabout and being raped, that was a kodak moment if someone saw my face
Racing a Clio V6 and Lee Mitchell out of the tolls in Dartford in my GT

God I've got loads.
AK

4th Jun 04 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
quote:
Originally posted by Adam Kindness
10: Kerry's face when i took her for a drive

In the supra, on gay'ish boost setting... been getting the arse out on roundabouts etc, then on the way home... I was prob going to fast for the road, but some chump pulled out... So i just thought quickly (and prob not the best way) and booted it to pass them.... on the wrong side of the road with cars coming towards us.... my ears hurt for a while after her screaming

it was a fecking road sweeper that pulled out and as u booted it to pass it with the oncoming car we was also fast approachin a roundabout that if i remember u hit at about 80 and slid round

me??? never Never mind cracking the bumper 30mins out of the bodyshop then back into it on monday and doing a burnout on that wee road with andy and ross in the corsa behind

ross - yup... that was eventfulll... woke up 30mins late for RRday.. cought the folk up, passed them, then spun on a roundabout. They then passed me facing the wrong way
Kerry

4th Jun 04 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes and i cracked it comin out the petrol station

that burnout was class though
bradfincham

6th Jun 04 at 05:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for me!!

loosing dads kit car on the first corner at donnington racing an mr2 twin turbo but i ended ont he grass he ended in the kitty litter!!

crashing red corsa on 19's!!
came into the corner doing 40 mph the track rod end snapped then the next thing i was facing the bank then i corrected and again untill bang! next thing i know my ex was pulling me out the car as a speaker had spanked me in the head!! car was a write off

selling my silver corsa for 4500 to my mate considering it was worth 3500 very tops! And he buying me beers in the pub all night!

racing mate in his astra gsi and beating him on the bypass and as mine was 1.6 he was gutted

rallying my nova 1.3 sr with 100 bhp in thetford forrest then driving home with no exhaust where we got airborn and lost it

being passenger in a supra doing 180 mph racing a bmw csl on the m11 on way back from max power london

Driving dads old scooby on my L plates and brother letting me do 130 mph racing a clio 172! dad still dnt know thank god!!

First day i passed my test i lost the back of the nova on a private road when the rear got on the grass!

beating an evo out the tolls at dartford as he missed a gear and we got a good head start, then drowning the sound of his car with my k and n filter on the limiter in the silver corsa!!
Chris Bingham

6th Jun 04 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not ten but favourite moments in each of my motors:-

1st Car - Rover 214 SLi

Going round a corner a wee bit quickly, the suspension was terrible and I went off the road, over an embankment, missed a ditch by about a inch. Stopped, got out and prompty fell on the ground. Lady at side of road laughed.

2nd Car - Shitroen ZX

Showing off to my mate, give the handbrake a wee tub going round a roundabout, got it all wrong and ending up facing the wrong way with my back bumper an inch from a lamp post

3rd Car - Corsa

Coming back from Strathy one night, racing a Pug 205 GTi. Had just fitted my 17" rims, came round a corner, lifted off, it went all wrong and I ended up looking in his side window at 40mph. Shat it. then got the car stuck in a ditch later on while attempting a handbrake turn on grass

4th Car - Cunto

Coming off a roundabout (again) in Falkirk, going a wee bit fast. Back end just popped out and I went full on sideyways past a bus queue. I laughed at the old woman who dropped her handbag.

Oh and overtaking a car full of neds when I took Kindnesses Corsa out for a spin
big eck

6th Jun 04 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a couple that I can think about,

1st - I was racing a 106 gti only 3 days after I got the corsa and was neck and neck with him at 130mph (the 106 was'nt standard) and got to the 200yrd marker and slammed on the brakes at which point the pedal decided to fade and go straight to the floor, I ended up hitting the roundabout at about 40 which pulled my exhaust off, blew my driver side tyre out and cracked the insine passerger one, al this while the missus was screaming her head off which made me a tad nervous on impact.

2nd place was when I was racing an R32 Golf with trade plates on while the guy, salesman and the guys son were takin it out for a test drive, it was the first one I saw since they came out and I saw him boot it away from a roundabout and thought that it was quite impressive and decide to catch up, when I got behind him in traffic we came out of a small village and I booted it past him and the car infront and looked in my mirror and thought "bollocks, he dosnt want to play" I slowed down for the next village and halfway through I looked in my mirror again only to see him right up my ass, we came out of the village and I just put it in 3rd and floored it expecting him to come roaring past but to my amazment he was struggling to keep up, I pulled away on the corners then slowed down for him to catch up just before this huge straight once on it I floored it again only to see him getting smaller in my rearview mirror, once the fun was over he followed me into the garage and all of them got out of the car and just pissed themselfs in dis-belief that a corsa GSI could beat them, I eventually gave in and told them what I had under the bonnet.
Marc

6th Jun 04 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol at 2nd one.
Marc

6th Jun 04 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Remembered another, Driving down a road and there was an RS Focus parked up. When i went passed he followed me, i went round a roundabout and floored it. He tried the same and was all over the place lol exited the roundabout and saw him getting smaller hehe.
Russ

6th Jun 04 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

er, not got many i can remeber, day i got me car went threw speed camera at 50, too busy concentrating not to crash, so relieved it didnt flash :/
dinosaur

6th Jun 04 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1. Crashing a TZR 125 into a taxi spending 2 weeks in hospital, broken arm and collar bone and cracked ribs.

2. Driving a Mini into the side of a house.

3. Rolling a Montego.

4. Spinning a Mitsubishi Starion at 70 mph on a roundabout. ( a busy one)

5. Racing a V6 cougar in a mates 1.8 TS 156 and him crashing into the back of a van.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » top ten 23 database queries in 0.0138819 seconds