corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bro has 4th crash in 10 months

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bro has 4th crash in 10 months
M4tt

User status: Offline
5th Jun 04 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah lets not carry it on, all i know is someone pulled out straight into the side of my car and there were nor arguements of speed, they got the blame and my car was fixed within a week
sfxer

5th Jun 04 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

into the side of your car?
M4tt

5th Jun 04 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and i can hear perfectly well what direction a car is coming from! the only time i have a slight problem in pin pointing wihich direction is on police sirens
M4tt

5th Jun 04 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

n e way it feels like im ganging up on you sfxer when im not i agree with some of your points but im just stating what i do and has happened to me
glasgow_corsa_c

5th Jun 04 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pics of it ??

i wanna see wat a zr looks like after that sorta smash since i got one now
Kris TD

5th Jun 04 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

police cant proove diddly squat from skid marks atall. i did this as part of my degree. length of a skid mark plays no part in a procecution. its just a common mis conception.
ScottyBrum

8th Jun 04 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just an update on all this crap, on this blind bend the council took away some of the grass verge on the same side as the junction is that my brother pulled out from to put off road parking bays for some cars that were obstructing this corner. In doing this a transit van now parks there making the bend stupid to be honest. When the crash happened all the residents were out complaining to the police saying it was the 3rd accident in a month since the parking bays had been put in and wanted something done about it. Also there are no give way signs at this junction or any road markings whatsoever. My Brother has spoken to Rover and explained all the details to them and shown photographs and it sounds like they are going to fight the claim and back him all the way
Tom

8th Jun 04 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben
no mate cars dont just appear out of nowhere , he should of been more precautious rather than just pulling out, i know why ur sticking up for him because if it had of been my brother i would do , but end of day it was his fault , even if the car was doin 1000mph , ur brother still pulled out , maybe he should of wound down his window and listened out for other cars

Totrally disagree, if a car is going to fast on a 30mph road with loads of blind bends it's there fault imo
Adam-CorsaC18s

8th Jun 04 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben

i am just saying what i do mate , aint arguing, if i cant see ill just wind my window down as i dont fancy writing off another car

I went on a safe driving course after an accident I had ages ago - and they do tell you to wind your window down and listen for cars on blind bends and the such, so that would have been a good thing to have done.

But, being an inexperienced driver his bro would probably have not thought to do this.

This was a non sided comment by the way. Just what I know.
Adam-CorsaC18s

8th Jun 04 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
Originally posted by Ben
no mate cars dont just appear out of nowhere , he should of been more precautious rather than just pulling out, i know why ur sticking up for him because if it had of been my brother i would do , but end of day it was his fault , even if the car was doin 1000mph , ur brother still pulled out , maybe he should of wound down his window and listened out for other cars

Totrally disagree, if a car is going to fast on a 30mph road with loads of blind bends it's there fault imo

Its what poilce say that counts at the end of the tho init!?
kerzo

8th Jun 04 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or he probably had the music up as loud as possible and couldnt hear
ScottyBrum

8th Jun 04 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well after that 3rd incident with the black ice he was told he had to take that driver improvement course or take points and a fine, needless to say he chose the improvement course like what Adam-CorsaC18's done but it is booked for the 24th/25th of this month, so just a tad late really for the handy hint of winding that bloody window down
Adam-CorsaC18s

8th Jun 04 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He'll probably get done then mate. The conditions of it are that you stay clean for a couple of years (i think)

Its a right bugger an all, 150 quid for rock all learning.
Ditch

8th Jun 04 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

listening for cars coming at junctions with poor visibility IS a valid idea

however,

if the oncoming traffic was doing 50mph in a 30 limit the is not alot any driver could of done to avoid it
Adam-CorsaC18s

8th Jun 04 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lets just hope the police can prove it.
Tom

8th Jun 04 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ditch
listening for cars coming at junctions with poor visibility IS a valid idea

however,

if the oncoming traffic was doing 50mph in a 30 limit the is not alot any driver could of done to avoid it

Agreed
Jules S
Premium Member

8th Jun 04 at 14:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my ten peneth:-

he rolled a car doing 40mph and wrote it of???

on almost all blind corner/junction scenarios they put fekking great mirrors to stop exactly this

I now realise why driving novices are stung so badly for insurance

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bro has 4th crash in 10 months 23 database queries in 0.1485519 seconds