corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » smokers

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author smokers
SteveW

User status: Offline
12th Jun 04 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

both my sisters and our housemate smoke LOADS.. i don't.. and i dont want to.. i do have the drunken cigs and i dont even want to....

the only thing that pisses me off big time is people smoking when im eating tis horrible......
ruth

12th Jun 04 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats awful i wont smoke if people r around me
Joff

12th Jun 04 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to live with a family of smokers and as soon as a meal was over, they'd all instantly light up around the table.
Jambo

12th Jun 04 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I smoke around people in a pub.

But then, thats a pub and if u complain about the smoke ina pub unless its ridiculas then i think u need your head examining

But generally i do wish to give up smokin as allthough i wouldnt give a toss if i died from it, id rather not be unhealthy and spend me cash on something else. But just because i give up doesnt mean i will start tellin people not to smoke.

IMO i think its an attitude thing, to do with respect, i respect the fact you dont like to breathe in my smoke in a close proximity, so i expect not to be "lectured" by people on how bad smokin is

Jamie

12th Jun 04 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Smoke the odd drunken cig (or 4-5) when i'm out.

Waste of money tho
Joff

12th Jun 04 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo

But then, thats a pub and if u complain about the smoke ina pub unless its ridiculas then i think u need your head examining

Why should you expect smoke in a pub?

mav

12th Jun 04 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

see my sig.................

but yeah it did/does piss me off
Jambo

12th Jun 04 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joff
quote:

Smoking has been the add/on sidekick associated habbit/pleasure/hobbie of driking since tabaco was invented, if your looking for a place with the highest concentration off smokers 1st place id look is in a pub

Plus a traditionalist would say it adds to the pub "aroma"
mav

12th Jun 04 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agree jambo..

me as a none smoker...or tryin to stop..i like the smoky aroma..helps me
Joff

12th Jun 04 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Joff
quote:

Smoking has been the add/on sidekick associated habbit/pleasure/hobbie of driking since tabaco was invented, if your looking for a place with the highest concentration off smokers 1st place id look is in a pub

Plus a traditionalist would say it adds to the pub "aroma"

So if the current voluntary ban on smoking in public places becomes mandatory, there's going to be a lot of unhappy people
Jambo

12th Jun 04 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically yes
Mistamist

12th Jun 04 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does smoking weed come into this? I personally dont mind people smoking around me, but if its a spliff i would expect them to give me a toke on it. smoking in pubs shouldnt be banned, they should just open new pubs with a no smoking policy. then there will be more places for people like me (who dont care either way) to drink in!
Dan B

12th Jun 04 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ban smoking in all public places......in fact, just ban smoking!
Jambo

12th Jun 04 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how very selfish, i feel we should ban people called dan
ruth

12th Jun 04 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah lol
Dan B

12th Jun 04 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, but people called Dan don't cost money and kill people!
Jambo

12th Jun 04 at 00:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you seriously understand how much secondary smoke you would have to inhale to get cancer? That is IF you even got it.

My grandma has been smokin like 20 a day since she was 16 and hasnt got cancer,

So your tellin me the few hours you spend in a pub or that guy that smoked near you in the street is REALLY gunna afect you? Wake up mate. Scare tactics dont half fool alot of people.

And what business is it of yours what people spend their money on??
Dan B

12th Jun 04 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't care if you want to spend £2, £20, £2,000 on cigarettes, if you smoke them in private......just I'd prefer not to go home from a pub stinking like a chimney, with no taste in my mouth apart from smoke, no ability to smell thanks to inhaling smoke, and my eyes watering from all the smoke, and having to wash all my clothes after having only worn them once.

At which point above did I mentioned being scared, or cancer?
mav

12th Jun 04 at 00:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

smokers contribute alot more to the NHS than they take out. through taxes on fags....

[Edited on 12-06-2004 by mav]
Dan B

12th Jun 04 at 00:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mav
smokers contribute alot more to the NHS than they take out. through taxes on fags....

This is true......I feel, if we're not going to ban smoking in public, the tax on cigarettes should be increased a thousand-fold......make a pack cost £25 for 10, that should stop a few weak-willed cancer-spreaders smoking.
Jambo

12th Jun 04 at 00:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan B
I don't care if you want to spend £2, £20, £2,000 on cigarettes, if you smoke them in private......just I'd prefer not to go home from a pub stinking like a chimney, with no taste in my mouth apart from smoke, no ability to smell thanks to inhaling smoke, and my eyes watering from all the smoke, and having to wash all my clothes after having only worn them once.

At which point above did I mentioned being scared, or cancer?

You kill people comment.

Fair enough if you are sensitive to smoke, but im sure u where aware of what pubs were like before you went in one.

And if your talkin about costin the NHS, then id be queit before i rant on about how much drunk people cost the NHS
mav

12th Jun 04 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan B
quote:
Originally posted by mav

This is true......I feel, if we're not going to ban smoking in public, the tax on cigarettes should be increased a thousand-fold......make a pack cost £25 for 10, that should stop a few weak-willed cancer-spreaders smoking.

weak willed NO..i am trying to stop at moment....IT's a drug like coke etc....or even drink like alchoholics..it's a challenge to stop m8..
Dean_H

12th Jun 04 at 07:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally i have no problem if a smoker wants to smoke, only if they do it in their own space outside of a building! I hate it when someone lights up on a bus/pub right by me because i will have to move away from that person cause as the person above me said i hate the smell of fags on my clothes when i come in from a pub and not only that my nose and eyes flare up after a while.
And Jambo when you said my nan been smoking fags for years and nothings wrong with her, i dont care what you say if she didnt smoke them over the years she will be a much healthier person. At the end of the day when your 50-60 do you want a heart/lungs full of tar or nice and healthy?
I look after my body, never smoked, not overweight, dont drink myself silly every weekend so why should i leave smokers from passing their smoke on me and making me feel like shit all night!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » smokers 23 database queries in 0.0158229 seconds