corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Who hates interviews?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Who hates interviews?
Patrick

User status: Offline
16th Jun 04 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do and I've got one tomorrow.

It's really important to me that I get the job so that makes me even more nervous! I know I stand a good chance as I've got all the experience they need and have done a very similar job where I am now. But it's a different place and they don't know me so I've got to sell myself to them. Fucking hate interviews though. I always blitz the application forms and selection tests but sometimes get lost for words when i'm nervous. Saying that I've only had one unsuccesful interview so who knows. There's 10 going for the job and I'm one of them. I can't see many of the others having my experience though. The salary is £7000 per year higher than where I am now and I've had some fallings out with a couple of people here so really want to get out.

Guess I'll just read up and practice my answers. Then get pissed afterwards watching England kick Swiss arse!
Tom

16th Jun 04 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just relax, do some research tho.

7k is alot
Patrick

16th Jun 04 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£7k is a lot yeah but I work for the Civil Service and they pay notoriously low wages.

Job I'm applying for is working for the Metropolitan Police Civil Staff. Job will be based in Scotland Yard and I'd be an office manager for an information directorate.

I'm hoping tomorrow will be a good day!
barry_kellett99

16th Jun 04 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

7K is masseve, I work in local government, but we have "broadbanding" and ive gone up about £5.5k in a year, and get a £2k rise in december as a retaining allowance. Tis great!
CorsAsh

16th Jun 04 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Patrick
£7k is a lot yeah but I work for the Civil Service and they pay notoriously low wages.

Job I'm applying for is working for the Metropolitan Police Civil Staff. Job will be based in Scotland Yard and I'd be an office manager for an information directorate.

I'm hoping tomorrow will be a good day!

Tis good doin the Civvy stuff for the police, you get to find out all juicy details of whats goin on in your area...
Patrick

16th Jun 04 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Especially as I'd be working for the information directorate!

But I'm good at keeping things to myself so thats another reason why the job appeals to me. I enjoy having the knowledge and never have the need to brag about it.
Tom

16th Jun 04 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm complete opposite

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Who hates interviews? 23 database queries in 0.0099909 seconds