corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » will exaust bang on rear axle beem if i lower too much???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author will exaust bang on rear axle beem if i lower too much???
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
15th Jun 04 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a group A size bore which is bloody massive!...their is "roughly" TWO inches of gap between the beam and the zorst, and obviously it gets closer the more full the car is, or when it bounces

1) on 14inch standard Gsi alloys, im gonna lower about 60mm, will it bang? how close will it be to the beam?

2) soon getting 17's and then lower about 70mm, will it bang? how close will it be to the beam?
broster
Premium Member

15th Jun 04 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will bang, get some shorter runners i was lowered that much with same exhayust got fiesta rubbers and all is good
jamied

15th Jun 04 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh when i av full car sumtimes rattles on ther
MJ

15th Jun 04 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this problem but sorted it now, all i did was undo the clamp and rotate the pipe making it sit higher up, also i used ford rubbers, but it sometimes still made a noise so i stuck some black foam onto the rear beam and now i get no noise at all, and my car is not lowered yet.
MoNkEy MaGiC

16th Jun 04 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mark_jarman1
i had this problem but sorted it now, all i did was undo the clamp and rotate the pipe making it sit higher up, also i used ford rubbers, but it sometimes still made a noise so i stuck some black foam onto the rear beam and now i get no noise at all, and my car is not lowered yet.

mine isnt lowered yet either, but doesnt bang at all coz the pipe going over the axle beam is at its "highest"! i made sure it was when i fitted it as it banged slightly when i First fitted the zorst!

also the middle silencer is sitting higher as i used smaller rubbers on the hanging brackets, and so it makes the whole zorst sit slightly higher... but dont want to use smaller ones on the backbox as the tailpipe tip mite bang on the bumper or even burn it

so u guys think that it WILL bang on the rear beam?? i mean i have at least a good TWO inches of clearance at the moment??

[Edited on 16-06-2004 by MoNkEy MaGiC]
Calum1577

16th Jun 04 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey i have 17's and lowered 40mm and my Rage bbox bangs and rattles when i have folk in the back. I got the local garage to bend the pipe a little so as it cleared the axle better. Still bangs but not as badly.
MoNkEy MaGiC

16th Jun 04 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Calum1577
Hey i have 17's and lowered 40mm and my Rage bbox bangs and rattles when i have folk in the back. I got the local garage to bend the pipe a little so as it cleared the axle better. Still bangs but not as badly.

what bore size is ur zorst?? mine is a 2.5inches group A, but my backbox never bangs or rattles its fixed on tight
Marco The Corsa Man

16th Jun 04 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My standard zorst bangs like buggery when there's a bit of weight in the back, mut have been fitted by a right monkey.
myke

16th Jun 04 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my exhaust used to rattle against the axle a bit.
it rusted throught, and snapped off just after the clamp to the mid-section, so i never bothered replacing it.
hey presto. no rattles/clanking. was only a 1.2 16v, so still wasn't loud even with no rear silencer
MoNkEy MaGiC

16th Jun 04 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by myke
my exhaust used to rattle against the axle a bit.
it rusted throught, and snapped off just after the clamp to the mid-section, so i never bothered replacing it.
hey presto. no rattles/clanking. was only a 1.2 16v, so still wasn't loud even with no rear silencer

dont lie!
my scorpion sounds pretty damn sexual on my Gsi, allthough i want it slightly louder i dont fancy takin gof the backbox

New Poll