corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » crankcase breather

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author crankcase breather
morrisdaboss

User status: Offline
18th Jun 04 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a 1.2 8v at the moment and cant see where one of these would go. More importantly what does it do? picking up gsi at weekend - would it be more obvious when i look under the bonnet of this?
miles

18th Jun 04 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its just a breather pipe that goes from the back of the block to the rocker cover.

What do you want it for?
morrisdaboss

18th Jun 04 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was checking out induction kits the other day - and piperx do a small filter. i was thinking of picking one up - they look pretty swish!!
miles

18th Jun 04 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a cam cover breather on most engines. The normally breathes into the inlet pipework, so if you fit an induction kit you need to vent this. You can use a little filter, or just poke it down the back of the engine or into a catch tank.

New Poll