corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Corsa Performance 1.8 SRI

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Corsa Performance 1.8 SRI
Russ

User status: Offline
19th Jun 04 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sxi boy, u cant compare a corsa with an itr, like comparing a night at the ritz with chicken nuggets in maccies car park...in the rain.... in november.. when ur girls just left you... for ur dad..
sxi boy

19th Jun 04 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RussSxi
when ur girls just left you... for ur dad..

that happen to u a lot does it

Russ

19th Jun 04 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuk you prik!!!

yes
sxi boy

19th Jun 04 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DanielJ

19th Jun 04 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate picked his up yesterday, nice cars, quite nippy, personally i wouldnt buy one myself ther nothing special in my eyes
Thoday

19th Jun 04 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^ hence y i went for the 1.4 exlcusiv
Ryder

21st Jun 04 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If anyone is interested, its a heap of shit. Vauxhall have basically kept the trim of the 1.2 SXI's and put in a 1.8 engine. Punto HGT was hugely improved drive you could tell it was a sports model unlike the SRI. all for the same price.
Steve
Premium Member

21st Jun 04 at 17:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.8 sri is slow
Ojc

21st Jun 04 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

0-60 - 8.0 seconds
126mph
125bhp

Not bad at all for a 1.8 16v, Clio 172 has 172bhp and is only capable of 0-60 in 7.0 and 134mph.

It maybe quicker to 100mph, but its got 47bhp more than the Corsa but can only get to 60 1 second quicker.

Doug_SRi

21st Jun 04 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ryder
If anyone is interested, its a heap of shit. Vauxhall have basically kept the trim of the 1.2 SXI's and put in a 1.8 engine. Punto HGT was hugely improved drive you could tell it was a sports model unlike the SRI. all for the same price.

there isnt alot else that they could do to the car as the sxi comes with quite a good spec, i used to have a Y reg sxi and its was quite good, now i have a facelift sri and main reasons i got one was cause it had way better wheels, better mirrors, spoiler, bigger engine (only a 1.4 but you do notice the extra power), alloy pedals, alarm, better brakes, colourcoded. I know its only little things that make it better but i like it loads and best thing is its all standard apart from my exhaust so only had that to declare that. Kinda wish i had bought the 1.8 but i have an xr2i which i am wanting to tune up so will have power from that and in a years time i want to get an astra gsi turbo, just hope the insurance is alright for a 20yr old!
Rob H

21st Jun 04 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In '03 the range was updated quite a bit and the SRi's made more distinguised from the lower models. If your gonna get one, get one of those so people know its an SRi.

As for performance, its a Car that seemed to be in the market as an all-ounder. There good at everything, but excel in nothing (Pretty much Vauxhall's Ethos these days ). If you look about though, im pretty sure its one of the quickest cars you can get for the insurance group .
Ryder

21st Jun 04 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it is the quickest for the insurance group, group 9. I have looked at VTS Saxo's group 14, Punto HGT Group 14.

The thing that i felt is, it was a sports model yet it felt like a basic model. i test drove the punto first, the seats hug and the driving position is great, dials look nice, you feel like your really in the car. When i drove the corsa i felt like rather than sitting in the seats i was sitting on the seats.

the only obvious feature differences i could see from the 1.2 SXI and the SRI (Both new) is the SRI had red brake calipers, a spolier, metal break pedals and a Oval exhaust. not worth the extra 3 grand.

Really dissapointed, i wanted to stay with the Corsa, but not on that showing.

When i asked about the a Corsa C GSI they basically told me they have been expecting some news regarding for over a year now but nothing so don't hold my horses.
Ojc

21st Jun 04 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob H
As for performance, its a Car that seemed to be in the market as an all-ounder. There good at everything, but excel in nothing (Pretty much Vauxhall's Ethos these days ).

VX220 Turbo?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Corsa Performance 1.8 SRI 23 database queries in 0.0103221 seconds