corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car is knackered again!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car is knackered again!
drunkenfool

User status: Offline
26th Jun 04 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My exhaust is shagged somehwere (either cat or silencer, and this is going to be fixed tomorrow morn). I was taking my mate out for a quick drive so he could hear the noise and see what the problem was, and i could hear air pissing out of somewhere. (along with the rattle, so i asumed they were related - and possibly are) then i noticed a huge loss of power (about 5 seconds to get from 40 to 50 in a 2.0 16v )Pulled in at my dads place to have a look to see if there was anything obviously wrong, the engine was just idling on his drive when steam started coming out of the engine bay. Didnt get a proper chance to look what happened, but the steam looked like it might have been coming from the head, so do you reckon this iis a fucked head gasket? Hope its nothing more serious than that, but its just one problem after another at the moment!

EDIT - taken swear word out of title

[Edited on 26-06-2004 by drunkenfool]
broster
Premium Member

26th Jun 04 at 22:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems like youve had no end of probs with that 2.0ltr mate! has it ever worked properly?!
drunkenfool

26th Jun 04 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it did for about 3 weeks Had the dizzy and knock sensor replaced today too, so now there are no error codes, and i knew the exhaust needed sorting, but now this too
Mattb

26th Jun 04 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your head gasket may be fcuk'd, that would explain your high water pressure

broster
Premium Member

26th Jun 04 at 22:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3weeks, was that in one period of the total time it was working for! sounds unlucky, but if the heads gotta come off, may aswell get it all ported and polished....................then mayaswell get cams and verniers to make use of the new head work..............and then unichip...................lol, damn this is what the garage said to me lol! no wonder my engine cost so much!
drunkenfool

26th Jun 04 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im getting a 4-1 manifold fitted, but cant afford to get any headwork done apart from the necessary.
broster
Premium Member

26th Jun 04 at 23:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i couldnt afford any of my engine work lol! just managed to scrape the money together lol! man that was a hard month!
drunkenfool

27th Jun 04 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

head gasket i think is fine! The fan switch stopped working, causing the engine to overheat, making the steam. The steam inside the engine bay obviously took some of the oily grime with it, which i thought at the time was a proper water/oil mix coming out. Cat was fucked, completely disintegrated, so ive got a decat on there now and its running a lot better. Codes from the knock sensor and dizzy are still showing on the ECu though after replacing both, so now we have to look at other solutions. :S Can you get uprated silencers though? Cos its far too loud with no cat now!
Davido

27th Jun 04 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

least ur still laughing mate good attitude
drunkenfool

27th Jun 04 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the only way to be with all thats happened! Off to the posh cocktail bar now for my mums 50th, will be back later!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car is knackered again! 23 database queries in 0.0129910 seconds