corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Snaps from my Trip to Birmingham Airport Today

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Snaps from my Trip to Birmingham Airport Today
Black Corsa SRi

User status: Offline
6th Jul 04 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GSiSteve
it needs to be repainted

LOL hence me saying 'would benefit from a paint job'! LOL
Steve
Premium Member

6th Jul 04 at 15:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Black Corsa SRi
quote:
it needs to be repainted

can i repaint your anus in cum?
Black Corsa SRi

6th Jul 04 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

touchy!
Bonzai

6th Jul 04 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think BA management must look at how many paint touch up jobs we do at Cardiff before deciding if it needs a new lick. management twats
Black Corsa SRi

6th Jul 04 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^^^^^^^^

we dont get new paint on ours til its flaking off or they absouloutly have to LOL! I blaim the bean counters! More frequent paint jobs make the aircraft look so much newer, so its gotta be better for business but dont think they see the bigger picture just a penny here and a pound there! short term savings instead of long term profit! LOL
BabyBlade

6th Jul 04 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

am getting back to that airport in a few hours hopefully
nickyboy01

6th Jul 04 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most of those holiday charter planes are a bit shoddy. I remember the first time i went to the US there was a new holiday firm who used BA's old planes, i mean old planes. The old style livery was still visable. Canni remember the name but they had bright green engines and tails.
nickyboy01

6th Jul 04 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

EDIT, think it was JMC
Cybermonkey

7th Jul 04 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
6th pic down, the airplane over shot the runway by miles i thought he was going to have to pull up and go around, if it was any bigger than a 737 then he wouldnt have stopped in time

stephen, that aircraft is an ATR42. its a STOL aircraft, it is normal procedure for these to hold above the runway until further up, so to get to the terminal quicker. they have incredible landing and T/O charecteristics allowing them to land at very low speed, and take off at low speed so that they can use tiny airfields.
Cybermonkey

7th Jul 04 at 01:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nickyboy01
Most of those holiday charter planes are a bit shoddy. I remember the first time i went to the US there was a new holiday firm who used BA's old planes, i mean old planes. The old style livery was still visable. Canni remember the name but they had bright green engines and tails.

Yeah JMC have lots of second hand aircraft, but they were far from old, and most are 757's. Hardly a shoddy aircraft. Still one of the most over-powerful aircraft with the RB211 engines. If anyone has ever flown out of corfu intl airport in a 757 you know what i mean. Because the runway is a little short and there are obstructions, the pilot has to hold brakes until engines are up to 50% before letting go and slamming on full power, its like your head is going to snap off that was with JMC. they also have a few new A320's in their fleet now, as well as a couple of old DC10's.

Dave
Steve
Premium Member

7th Jul 04 at 07:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24
quote:
6th pic down, the airplane over shot the runway by miles i thought he was going to have to pull up and go around, if it was any bigger than a 737 then he wouldnt have stopped in time

stephen, that aircraft is an ATR42. its a STOL aircraft, it is normal procedure for these to hold above the runway until further up, so to get to the terminal quicker. they have incredible landing and T/O charecteristics allowing them to land at very low speed, and take off at low speed so that they can use tiny airfields.

nah believe me i watched a few of the above named aircraft come in, and they touched down way before this one, this one was all over the place, it was banking left and right still about 50 feet from the runway, in that pic it still hadnt touched down, he pulled up a bit again after that pic i think he was contemplating going round, but he put it down and seriously only just managed to stop near the end of the r/w
Ojc

7th Jul 04 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Black Corsa SRi
quote:
it needs to be repainted

can i repaint your anus in cum?

I'm jealous
Black Corsa SRi

7th Jul 04 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by nickyboy01

Yeah JMC have lots of second hand aircraft, but they were far from old, and most are 757's. Hardly a shoddy aircraft. Still one of the most over-powerful aircraft with the RB211 engines. If anyone has ever flown out of corfu intl airport in a 757 you know what i mean. Because the runway is a little short and there are obstructions, the pilot has to hold brakes until engines are up to 50% before letting go and slamming on full power, its like your head is going to snap off that was with JMC. they also have a few new A320's in their fleet now, as well as a couple of old DC10's.

Dave

yep very true, JMC have just had a name change, well last year, to Thomas Cook Airlines. They have sold off their DC-10's now too we did the final C checks on them before they left, it'll be what u flew to the US on Nicky i should think
Black Corsa SRi

7th Jul 04 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and on the subject of paint its very surprising how much difference a paint job makes it can make an aircraft look so much newer or so much older its really, really suprising. We had one of the oldest aircraft in or fleet re painted and it looks like new again now!
Bonzai

7th Jul 04 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great way to tell the age of an aircraft is to peel back teh insulation in the bilge. im told its a very nasty job on the classics, its not very nice doing it on 777 which are only a few years old
Black Corsa SRi

7th Jul 04 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL or just look at the docs in the docs folder and tech log!
Cybermonkey

8th Jul 04 at 04:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah or know your planes, i can look at an aircraft, and be able to guestimate, just from its type and condition.
Cybermonkey

8th Jul 04 at 04:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

nah believe me i watched a few of the above named aircraft come in, and they touched down way before this one, this one was all over the place, it was banking left and right still about 50 feet from the runway, in that pic it still hadnt touched down, he pulled up a bit again after that pic i think he was contemplating going round, but he put it down and seriously only just managed to stop near the end of the r/w

Well i guess you had to be there right. I was just mentioning that when these STOL aircraft land, many overshoot by as much as half the runway, depending on location of runway exits, taxiway and terminal locations etc etc.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Jul 04 at 07:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how is aus david?
Cybermonkey

9th Jul 04 at 01:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

australia is frickin awesome. rained for the first time last night in 4 months. heard the storms are pretty bad in uk though. haha, its 5 degrees at night here and 21-24 in the daytime, and its middle of winter. only 3 weeks though and it will warm up again. went go-karting last weekend on a proper huge circuit, it was crazee! 15hp karts were pretty damn quick. then watched my sisters and girlfriend go out as i watched from the stand, and they were so slow and making everyone crash. i was PMSL so much. going to the beach tomorow. went to Summer Bay couple of weeks ago on the day i arrived here, and it was all cold and shut. i wanted to see some sexy home and away girls
nickyboy01

10th Jul 04 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

yep very true, JMC have just had a name change, well last year, to Thomas Cook Airlines. They have sold off their DC-10's now too we did the final C checks on them before they left, it'll be what u flew to the US on Nicky i should think

I see they got some new planes now, this was back in 1999 i think.

I flew on a Boeing 767 with US Air, never again tho. Plane was shoddy, trim was missing inside, a lot of the paint was flaking off on the exteiror. I know they in big financial trouble. In that situation you dont know what they might be skimping on maintenance wise.
nickyboy01

10th Jul 04 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On another note, check this

Maid of the Seas, pic taken one month before it was blown up over Lockerbie

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Snaps from my Trip to Birmingham Airport Today 23 database queries in 0.0153751 seconds