corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Biggest vauxhall scandal yet

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Biggest vauxhall scandal yet
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Jul 04 at 13:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went into local dealer to get sum HT leads, i didnt mind a bit over the odds as i couldnt be arsed to drive to halfords, they are £25 in halfords

Vauxhall wanted.........

.......£130+vat i told em to stick it up there arse

i know a few ppl have moaned about pug prices but vaux are way worse in my personal dealings with both
Mattb

9th Jul 04 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try buying stuff from VW, or any franchised car dealer mate, thats why block exemption has been brought in
Greasemonkey

9th Jul 04 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ya wont get better though i belive, even magnecore etc are inferior to these, i got 3 spare sets of vauxhall ones lol
Steve
Premium Member

9th Jul 04 at 13:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
try buying stuff from VW, or any franchised car dealer mate, thats why block exemption has been brought in

whats that?
Mattb

9th Jul 04 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

block exemption, its a change in the law that has come around which means that:

cars do not have to serviced at a main dealer to keep the car in warrenty, and company can supply genuine parts to the public, for example if tesco rang vw and asked for 50000 oil filters at trade, then vw would by law have to sell them, then tesco could sell them at a cut price, its all to stop franchised dealers ripping people off..
i havent fully read up on it, but thats mu understanding, im sure someone will correct me if im wrong
Siberia

9th Jul 04 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a simular problem last week.

i went down the local motor factors and got 2 balljoints 2 brake cylinders a bottle of dot4 and 2 split pins all for €65(£47)

Vauxhaul wanted €52(£40) for 1 balljoint!!!!
vibrio
Banned

9th Jul 04 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£48 for FIAT HT leads £40 for OE spec ones
Cybermonkey

17th Jul 04 at 01:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greasemonkey
ya wont get better though i belive, even magnecore etc are inferior to these, i got 3 spare sets of vauxhall ones lol

WTF, Vauxhall use Bosch Twin plugs and Bosch/ACDelco leads. you can buy these anywhere.
mattyboy199

17th Jul 04 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i checked out halfords HT leads for my GSI the performance ones were around £70 i think, for some reason the 16xe engine has exspensive ones.
Bonzai

17th Jul 04 at 01:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£15 for bougicord leads from GSF
Cybermonkey

17th Jul 04 at 06:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattyboy199
When i checked out halfords HT leads for my GSI the performance ones were around £70 i think, for some reason the 16xe engine has exspensive ones.

Almost impossible to trace proper Bosch leads from places like halfords. need special ordering.
Fad

17th Jul 04 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greasemonkey

yep vaux ones are top quality and you will not find better, i had a set of magnecor on mine and the heat of the engine cause the leads to split and the core too and they werer sparking under the bonnet which was quite visible at night. both small block XE's and 20xes run very hot anyways so would be a good idea to stick to GM.

changed top vaux ones and car felt more responsive and the you could feel the diff in quality of the leads the fit is better on the vaux ones too. so buys cheap ones if your not bothered about changing them frequently.

Also best to buy spark plugs from vaux too they are just GM stamped NGK for cheaper

[Edited on 17-07-2004 by fadscorsa]
starkmotorsport

17th Jul 04 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Fad said, GM leads are much better than most.

The plugs we use are NGK's but use Bosch also.

GM parts are often the best option and we use a hell of a lot of them...but then we get lots for free!
Cybermonkey

17th Jul 04 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GM is good shit, but its most likely made by Bosch, or even GM's own brand, ACDelco

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Biggest vauxhall scandal yet 23 database queries in 0.0108879 seconds