corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How much is a new timing belt?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How much is a new timing belt?
westsidecorsa

User status: Offline
17th Jul 04 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am buying a corsa B 1.6 next wek, shud be slightly different to my 1.0 12v! Anyway, the garage dont know when the timing belt was last changed so i figure its probably a good idea to get this changed as i hear it can do some pretty bad damage if it snaps!
How much am i looking at roughly to get it changed?

Thanks
fax2004

17th Jul 04 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

About 100 quid at a backstreet garage. Make sure you get the rollers and tensioners changed tho, cos its those that fail on the ecotec
westsidecorsa

17th Jul 04 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right, do you think its worth getting it done? the cars done 63K and i dunno when it was last changed. Thanks for the info fax2004!
ed

17th Jul 04 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, get it changed if you don't know the age of the current gear. The 16v engines are known to be a bit grey in that area, and it could be a new engine job if it were to break......
fax2004

17th Jul 04 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get it done as soon as you get it. My sis has a Tigra with the ecotec in it, it had a belt at 40,000 and the rollers failed at 49,000 but somehow didnt throw the belt off. Unbelievably lucky, but still cost 450 to fix at a local garage!
westsidecorsa

17th Jul 04 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh god! right thats the first job on the list then! thanks for the help guys!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How much is a new timing belt? 23 database queries in 0.0098729 seconds