corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » check this big momma!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author check this big momma!
Cybermonkey

User status: Offline
7th Aug 04 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben
its a plane

You're a Cunt
Martyn
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

7th Aug 04 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one word BEAST
Ben
Banned

7th Aug 04 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24
quote:
Originally posted by Ben
its a plane

You're a Cunt

Cybermonkey

7th Aug 04 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ben
its a plane

You're a Cunt

Black Corsa SRi

7th Aug 04 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Black Corsa SRi
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Black Corsa SRi
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
do some planes not still have droops on the front of the wings for better lift?

you mean leading edge slats these automatically retract with 5degrees or more of flaps.

they dont mate, they are mostly used for landing, aincrease the lift by re-energising the boundary layer so tat you can fly slower on approach so you gonna have a lot more than 5 flaps then and they tend to increase their deployment with increased angle of flaps anyway. Know this for a fact and its a pain in the arse when we have fan cowls open on engines and need deploy flaps cause they catch on most aircraft on full deployment (the slats i mean not flaps) so u cant do it!

A pilot cannot deply the leading edge slats manually?? its all controlled from the main flap lever near the throttle controls Their level of deployment varies on what degree of flaps you select, like you said, but i didnt think modern boeings and airbus' had the option of deploying them regardless of what position the flaps are in. Surely disrupting the air flow at the leading edge of the wing alone will put enormous stress on the wing itself or am i wrong

who said manually i never ever said manually, i said they increase with the flaps and i spent a lot of time studying to be an aircraft engineer and am now licneced so i know my stuff mate,i know these systems! tats why i said when we deploy flaps we have probs with slats and LE Slats dont disruput the airflow to a detremental affect they re-energise the boundary layer over the wing they help, not hinder and yes they do increase the higher the level of flaps, there normally 2 positions half and full deploy! Obviously deployed in the wrong situation they would but thats just he same as any other device it has to be used correcty, but i'm sorry your wrong this time

Interesting thanks, i have learnt something new

no probs man, dont get me wrong u were kind of right about disrupting airflow/ripping off the wing if they were deployed at 100's and 100's of knots but most modern airliners wouldnt let this happen obviously due to fly-by-wire etc and thats why i said in the correct usage But at low speeds they will increase deployment with that of the flap. They only tend to have 2 detents rather than loads like the flaps though and the lower of the two will deploy after a certain angle of flap
Cybermonkey

7th Aug 04 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok cool. really having some PC problems at the moment so cant chat take it easy

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » check this big momma! 23 database queries in 0.0096810 seconds