corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone use a knee support for running/gym?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone use a knee support for running/gym?
CorsaSRi16v
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Aug 04 at 22:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As subject I know it's a strange one, but I thought I would ask.

Basically I've knackered my knee through too much road running, but I want to carry on running whether that be down the gym or road running.

What I was wondering is whether these knee supports are any good?

Cheers Mark.
Pablo

18th Aug 04 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wen i fcuked my knee i jus did weights but lowered the wieght, now im bak and stronger than b4
James R

18th Aug 04 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends why you have the injury to start with. sounds like it's impact related from the road running, more cushioned trainers may help, but the pain is the body saying rest for a bit, also if you do get a knee support, get the one with the hole cut out for the knee cap, as the ones without push the knee cap in to the joint and increase the inflammation and cartilage wear. Take some Ibuprofen to help reduce the swelling, not for the pain.
That or run off road, grass etc... although the gourns hard too this time of year, rowing machine is good and bike, non impact basically.
I mucked up my knee playing rugby ages ago, and that's the advice my physio gave me, hope it helps.
Kris TD

18th Aug 04 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i prefere using tape than supports.
barry_kellett99

19th Aug 04 at 07:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rest it, from experience these things only get worse by continuing to run on them.
Do more cycling and rowing in the gym split to cover what running you did. Your body will enjoy the break, you will get fitter and your knee will heal as there is no impact exercise being done.

Try it, for a month or so.

I have had shin splints for the last few weeks of preseason, and i didnt want to stop doing my stamina runs during the week but i made myself just row/cycle and cross train and the shins now feel good and the only running i did was on match day. I feel a lot fitter too after mixing the exercises up

never do the same thing all the time!
stubbsy

19th Aug 04 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alto of knee problems can be sorted by building up the muscle around the knee for extra strength in it. well this is what i was told by a physio when i had a dodgy 1 from doing alot of running. i started doing squats and went alot better

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone use a knee support for running/gym? 23 database queries in 0.0075090 seconds