corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help! big bang/knock sound,when i floored it!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help! big bang/knock sound,when i floored it!
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
23rd Aug 04 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i put my foot down with a full car... changed to 2nd gear and released the clutch and as the power kicked in i heard a sort of loud bang/knock sound come from the front right of the car!!??????

its had a clicking problem for over a year, a sort of quick "click click" sound, which ALSO comes from the front right, when over rough or uneven roads... but it passed MOT so i thought nothing major

never got it checked but thought it could be many things, e.g. suspension?
but this loud bang/click noise really scarred shite out of me!!
any ideas???

[Edited on 23-08-2004 by MoNkEy MaGiC]
Siberia

23rd Aug 04 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could have been a stone stuck in yer wheel? sounds silly but it happened to me yesterday... i could hear the stone in my wheel then clater bang! flew into the engine bay somwere.

is the car still running? if not then ya have a problem.
d_isco_down

23rd Aug 04 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright dude,

could be many things, the first things i can think of is perhaps a lower arm suspension bush, possibly a CV joint or distorted drive shaft, hopefully it might be something quite simple as an engine mounting rubber worn out.

That clicking noise, is it really fast when do you start to hear it?
dabster

23rd Aug 04 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have the same problem 2 nites ago it made a loud bang, like a punture and now at the front drivers side when u go over any bumps or anything it makes a metallic knocking clinky sound, will have 2 get it looked at fcuk knows what it could b
MoNkEy MaGiC

23rd Aug 04 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by d_isco_down
Alright dude,
could be many things, the first things i can think of is perhaps a lower arm suspension bush, possibly a CV joint or distorted drive shaft, hopefully it might be something quite simple as an engine mounting rubber worn out.
That clicking noise, is it really fast when do you start to hear it?

hi mate,
i really hope the problem is somthing simple, like the suspension or engine mount as you say...
on last MOT, 2months ago, it had the front ball joints replaced and rear bearings! and 2 months before that had the rocker gasket and 2litre brake spec put on...

the clicking noise, is like a quick double "click-click" sound, seems to come from front right, happens when one side of the front of the car is lower or higher than the other side? like when i go over bumps/rough/un-level roads??
only i can really hear it and when stereo is of or low?? its gotten worse over the year ive had the problem??
and then other day i got this bang noise instead??
3CorsaMeal

23rd Aug 04 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've had that noise, almost sounds like an explosion under engine bay, well mine did, has happen about 8 times in 2 years so is had to work out.

New Poll