corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Vauxhall Warranty

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vauxhall Warranty
DavC

User status: Offline
28th Aug 04 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought a vectra a couple of months ago. Just put it in for its £150 oil chance (3 year service) at the garage i bought it from just to make sure there isn't any problems if it came to anything on the warranty.

When i was there i also asked them to have a look at my air-con cos it stopped working a couple of weeks ago. They did, but said they couldn't find any problems and want me to pay £114 to have it repressurised, and if they find a leak they will give me the £114 back.

Can anyone tell me if the repressurisation is a warranty thing? And would it need doing if there wasnt a leak?
wst

28th Aug 04 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On my old vectra it used to leak air con gas as it is a known problem with the seals that they use on the car, very common problem but not cover via warranty.
The air con should always be run at least once every week to keep the seals intact if not they perrish and loose the gas.
114 though is very pricey to have done find another vaux dealer it should be cheeper than that.

Re pressurisation is not under warranty.
Visionz

28th Aug 04 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No garage does it under warranty as you cant control how often or to what degree people are going to use their aircon systems.

On the plus side aircon systems rarely go wrong, so its either a leak or lack of pressure in the system.

New Poll